- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Rosie Favela Cornelius wins this year's “Pillar of the FPAA” award
- CRB and UC create $1 million endowment for US citrus research
- US-Canada: 280 pounds of cocaine in blackberry shipment
- Chile is starting to use bees to increase the flowering of almond trees
- Chinese and Vietnamese markets to open to Murcian table grapes
Top 5 -last week
Spain: Irrigation with ozonised water to tackle fungal and bacterial damage on broccoli
Ozone, as a natural disinfectant, is capable of destroying viruses, bacteria and fungi. It is much more effective than fertilizers, but without it having any toxicity. It is a gas that does not accumulate and leaves no residue. Once its function has been completed, it becomes oxygen.
Ozone-treated water makes it possible to obtain plants with more strength, more vivid colours and a faster development, as well as larger, juicier and more homogeneous fruit, a higher yield per plant, greater volumes in less time and a reduction of production times. However, the most important benefit is the saving of water that is achieved with this treatment based on ionised water.
The Region of Murcia is a leading producer of fruits and vegetables in Europe, especially broccoli. It is also the Spanish province exporting the most cabbages. Hence the need and importance of this test, which seeks to grant producers in the area access to more efficient cultivation techniques with a lower consumption of resources such as water.
The potential beneficiaries of this initiative are the growers of Campo de Cartagena, marketing-oriented companies, technicians and students.
The test is being carried out on an area of 1,400 square metres. The plant material used is that of the Parthenon broccoli. Some of the parameters taken into account are the crop's sensitiveness to sclerotinia and botrytis, the commercial conditions set by the cooperatives for their sorting or the income per hectare.
There is also an environmental efficiency plan in place, since one of the main objectives of the 'El Mirador' Centre is to reduce waste and consumption of raw materials, as well as to achieve an efficient use of resources such as water.
The results will be announced through technical publications, visits to the Centre's facilities and horticultural workshops.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 Russia: White cabbage prices up by an average of 20%
- 2018-11-16 High prices for cucumbers and aubergines
- 2018-11-16 Mexico wants to increase vegetable exports to China
- 2018-11-16 Mini cherry vine tomatoes at Penny in new Best Moments packaging
- 2018-11-16 Tomato suspension agreement between US Department of Commerce and Mexican tomato growers remains in effect
- 2018-11-15 Italy: Outlook for the courgette campaign
- 2018-11-15 Michigan grower welcomes average year for turnips
- 2018-11-15 “Difficult start to Breton cauliflower season”
- 2018-11-15 Italy: Sardinian spiny artichoke campaign has started
- 2018-11-15 Cuba will resume hot pepper exports
- 2018-11-15 Balanced potato and onion market, below average carrot harvest
- 2018-11-15 "Few consumers still grate horseradish themselves"
- 2018-11-14 “Prices of cucumbers and iceberg lettuce rising, minimum prices for green bell pepper”
- 2018-11-14 China: Winter stock of Chinese cabbage enters the market
- 2018-11-14 "Consumption of cauliflower is growing in France”
- 2018-11-14 Green beans gear up for Thanksgiving
- 2018-11-14 Spain: COAG proposes contracts to set fixed vegetable prices
- 2018-11-14 Spain: Almeria taking advantage of Morocco's lower zucchini production
- 2018-11-14 "Jade cherry tomatoes enter harvest season, sales volume is stable"
- 2018-11-14 Celery supplies good ahead of Thanksgiving rush