- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Argentina has potential to export more fruit, but it must improve quality
- Kazakhstan bans import of 20 tons of Kyrgyzstan grapes
- Washington sanctions Iranian banks, factories and mines
- Reusable packaging company unveils new-look booths
- Romania imports 10 times more fruit and vegetables than it exported
Ana Beltrán, manager of Hispalco:
"Organic fruit and veg don't necessarily need to be imperfect to be authentic"
"Hispalco had to go a step further if it wanted to consolidate itself in a growing sector," says Ana Beltrán, manager of the Valencian company Hispalco. "Our priority has been to combine a respect for organic production methods with the idea of 'perfection' underlying all our brands. It was very difficult to fight against the rooted idea that organic fruit and vegetables must be imperfect to be 'authentic'. Now we have producers and suppliers who are able to provide us with the type of organic products that fit in Hispalco's quality line," she affirms.
1kg cardboard packaging for organic strawberries
In October 2017, Hispalco upgraded its Commercial Department to create an independent section exclusively devoted to marketing its organic products. The result has been the birth of the Hispalco Bio Department, with staff 100% specialised in organic fruits and vegetables.
The Commercial Director of the department, Claudio Medina, who had previously worked at Hispalco, points out that "every step in the project for the creation of the department has been very exciting, from the construction of new facilities to the preparation and implementation of new product lines."
"Nothing is being easy and, precisely because of that, we are fortunate," adds Ana Beltrán.
The Hispalco® Bio brand has been present in the sector since 2008. During this time, the company has been improving and hiring producers with a clear bio business philosophy. Moreover, it has expanded its range of certifications with the Demeter, Bio Suisse and Bio Siegel standards.
60x40x10.5 wooden packaging with individual 250 gram containers
According to Claudio Medina, "the challenge for Hispalco Bio is now to consolidate itself as a leading brand, with an annual schedule featuring a wide range of products, and soon we will begin the marketing of organic pineapples from West Africa."
Besides the brand's usual distribution channels, there are also plans in 2018 to start the online sale of some of its products, with a system focusing on quick deliveries at destination.
This year, Hispalco will be present once again at Fruit Logistica as an exhibitor. Its marketing team will be delighted to welcome you in Hall 11.2, stand B-10.
For more information:
C/ Barranco Pascual, 45. Pol. Ind. Campo Aníbal.
46530 Puzol, Valencia. Spain
T: +34 963404422
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 02/28/2018 Landgard persuades its visitors with innovative marketing ideas for fruit and vegetables
- 02/27/2018 RED MOON®, an incredible run in Berlin
- 02/26/2018 New partnership established for Crimson Snow
- 02/23/2018 Panama conquers new markets with its fruits
- 02/22/2018 New snacks and fresh-cut products in Berlin
- 02/22/2018 PMA industry members establish new business opportunities
- 02/21/2018 Secretary of State Dr. Aeikens appreciates the commitment of the German fruit and vegetable industry
- 02/20/2018 Biodegradable packaging made from artichokes
- 02/20/2018 China: Sanya mangoes at the Fruit Logistica in Berlin
- 02/20/2018 Jordanian fruit and vegetable exporters visit Fruit Logistica
- 02/19/2018 Cargo monitoring company and sea freight forwarder announce trials in Berlin
- 02/16/2018 Photo reports Fruit Logistica 2018
- 02/16/2018 Silver medal for ADORA tomato
- 02/15/2018 Argentina: Blueberry producers defined strategies in Berlin
- 02/13/2018 Pook Coconut Chips were winners of FLIA 2018
- 02/07/2018 Futura targets healthy snacking with new line of dried apples
- 02/07/2018 Heliospectra's new software brings automated lighting for improved yields
- 02/07/2018 Ethiopia present for the first time at Fruit Logistica
- 02/06/2018 La Linea Verde keeps on growing in Europe
- 02/06/2018 Peruvian exports benefit from climate and geographic location