- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Bill approved to standardise organics in Russia
According to Sergei Korshunov, Chairman of the Board for the Union of Organic Agriculture; "The law on organic farming will allow conscientious agricultural producers to distance themselves from falsification and give more assurance to consumers that they are buying quality organic products. This move also helps us come one step closer to becoming the largest producer and exporter of organic products in the world."
A lack of suitable land is something that has been a challenge for the growth of organic production in other parts of the world, but this is not the case for Russia. According to Evromonitor, more than 20 million hectares of land have not received agrochemicals for more than 3 years and may be suitable for introduction into circulation as organic.
According to the Union of Organic Agriculture, there are now about 70 certified agricultural producers in Russia. Of these, 39 in the field of crop production, 9 in livestock, and 3 produce wild plants. Current organic production spans approximately 246,000 hectares and is worth USD $120 mln. Organic producers who follow the farm to fork model, have been seeing good returns.
Currently, more than 90% of the certified organic products in Russia are imported.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-12 Switzerland: Sales of organic products are growing strongly
- 2018-11-12 Organic products still on growth track worldwide
- 2018-11-09 "Organic vegetables are an attractive investment"
- 2018-11-08 Switzerland: Organic supermarkets are on the rise
- 2018-11-07 France: Financial support for organic farming is lagging behind
- 2018-11-06 Rising demand for organic asparagus in the global asparagus market
- 2018-11-05 "Organic foods are not safer, and probably not more nutritious either"
- 2018-11-01 Peru: Organic banana production drops in Piura due to the cold
- 2018-11-01 “In ten years the whole of Europe will be eating organic”
- 2018-10-31 Actual cost of organic cauliflower much lower than for conventional produce
- 2018-10-31 Organic products from Lower Saxony on the rise
- 2018-10-31 Organic Grower Summit educational session - "Technology is not Just for Big Ag"
- 2018-10-29 Organic horticultural sector facing the challenge of a growing demand
- 2018-10-29 Chile has already exported more organic products to the EU than last year
- 2018-10-29 REWE Bio with higher quality standards than EU Organic Regulation
- 2018-10-26 "Spanish organic sector is in crisis"
- 2018-10-22 Successfully cautioned: online organic products without certification
- 2018-10-17 Candid conversation with National Organic Standards Board (NOSB) members
- 2018-10-16 Cooparation between Lidl and Organic Association, Bioland
- 2018-10-16 LEMA: "We're like your dream organic fruit shopping mall"