Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Egyptian grower looks to expand to the Far EastEgypt is well know for its onion exporters, but one company has been in the business for a long time, since 1933. The company is Trading Island, a family business specialising in growing, sorting and packing onions and garlic.
"We grow onions and garlic in Egypt together with international seed companies," explains Mohamed El Sheikh from the company. "We also do grading and packing of onions with the latest automated machinery and technology from Europe. Our location in the heart of the Egyptian onion and garlic production areas enables us to offer top quality with competitive prices to our customers."
Trading Island supplies onions and garlic for export markets worldwide with a focus on importers, supermarkets chains and wholesalers as well as processors.
The company look for a sincere and strong relationship with all their clients.
Sweet potatoes with orange and white flesh are available mid July to January in various packaging.
White & pink fresh garlic is available from February till April, after which the company can supply dried garlic in boxes or bamboo packaging of all sizes.
Yellow, red, white and golden onions are available at various times of the year in 5kg packs up to 1250kg bags. Trading Island branded bags are also available
The company is looking at expanding cultivation in Europe, and also into the Far East.
"We are targeting our markets which need the bigger sizes, after the shortage in Europe we can be more competitive at the price point but still have high quality.
Trading Island for Import and Export will be at Fruit Logistica in Hall 2.1 /B-04c
Mohamed El Sheikh
Trading Island for Import and Export
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: