Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Avocados smash records
Australia: Average avo price jumped 78%Avocados and oranges are smashing records in domestic and export markets. In the vegetable industry, crops with increasing export market traction and likely price growth in the year ahead include asparagus, celery, broccoli and cauliflower, according to the research team of Rural Bank’s Ag Answers.
Last year average wholesale avocado prices jumped 78% in the Brisbane market as the fruit’s popularity grows rapidly across almost every age demographic. And although total avocado planting areas in Australia increased more than 1000 hectares to 3850 ha from 2011 to 2016, successful marketing efforts and Australia’s thriving cafe culture result in a demand which now regularly exceeds supply.
According to an article by queenslandcountrylife.com, export demand for navel oranges is also surging, with China increasing its imports from Australia by 60% last year to overtake Japan as our biggest market. China recognised South Australia as free of fruit fly in November, and exports from should be increasing in 2018.
Publication date: 1/29/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: