- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Hydroponic Crop Manager
- Area Manager North-America
- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Ahold Delhaize: Leading Together strategy focuses on 3-year growth
- Frigga promotes real-time temperature monitor with better quality-price ratio
- Potato brand offers tips for plant-based menu plans
- Lao onion and garlic smuggled across Mekong River
- "Poland is a leader in conventional apples, so why not in organic apples?"
Portugal: Increased popularity for ready to eat salads
Vitacress has its own business unit in Portugal, including their own farms and factory. “In 2017 our Turnover grew 19%, far above the overall market performance that has grown 10.5%. Most of our growth is the result of the ready to eat segment, the salad bowls segment and as well the vegetables snack line, which we launched during Web Summit Conference. Our snack range was available at Speakers lounge and we have a stall on the food court of the conference. This includes products such as cherry tomatoes, baby radish and baby carrots. We are proud to say that McDonalds Portugal has our baby carrot snack packaging in their assortment. It’s mostly sold as part of the Happy Meal, in order to introduce vegetable snacks at an early age of the children.”
Our brand is also present on Spanish market, where we have built a strong position through our Organic range of bagged salads. Organic is another promising trend not only is Spain but also in Portugal. A good signal of this new trend is the strong investment of all retailers not only dedicating more space to organic products but also opening new stores that are exclusively offering organic food. We foresee a faster growth of this trend in the coming years."
“Fruit Logistica in Berlin is always a good moment to interact with our export customers and show our brand to other potential international customers. Obviously, our ready to eat salads can´t be exported outside Portugal and Spain. The shelf life is too short for that. However, we export washed and packed vegetables to, for example the more Northern region of Europe. Countries that we export to are for example Norway, Poland, Switzerland, Denmark, the Netherlands and more”, concludes Fradeira.
You can visit Vitacress Portugal at the Fruit Logistica in hall 5.2 at stand C-12.
For more information:
T: (+351) 283 320 500
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-21 Algeria: prices continue to soar
- 2018-11-21 "Good quality of US sweet potatoes surprised me, considering the weather"
- 2018-11-21 Spain: Huelva betting on asparagus for crop diversification
- 2018-11-21 Mexico: Tomato exports to the USA are in danger
- 2018-11-21 Japan: Seven-Eleven to set up LED lettuce growing facility
- 2018-11-21 Economics of mushroom production
- 2018-11-21 Growing guide 'Mushroom Signals' gets a Chinese release
- 2018-11-21 Turkey: Tomato prices start to rise again
- 2018-11-20 Israeli bell pepper producer eyeballing niche markets
- 2018-11-20 Shortage of tomatoes in US market
- 2018-11-19 “Proper sales peaks are seen less and less”
- 2018-11-19 "Fresh mushroom market has great potential for growth in Spain"
- 2018-11-19 China: Potato demand remains weak
- 2018-11-19 “Persian cucumber demanded by Europe”
- 2018-11-16 Russia: White cabbage prices up by an average of 20%
- 2018-11-16 High prices for cucumbers and aubergines
- 2018-11-16 Mexico wants to increase vegetable exports to China
- 2018-11-16 Mini cherry vine tomatoes at Penny in new Best Moments packaging
- 2018-11-16 Tomato suspension agreement between US Department of Commerce and Mexican tomato growers remains in effect
- 2018-11-15 Italy: Outlook for the courgette campaign