- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Export Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Portugal: Increased popularity for ready to eat salads
Vitacress has its own business unit in Portugal, including their own farms and factory. “In 2017 our Turnover grew 19%, far above the overall market performance that has grown 10.5%. Most of our growth is the result of the ready to eat segment, the salad bowls segment and as well the vegetables snack line, which we launched during Web Summit Conference. Our snack range was available at Speakers lounge and we have a stall on the food court of the conference. This includes products such as cherry tomatoes, baby radish and baby carrots. We are proud to say that McDonalds Portugal has our baby carrot snack packaging in their assortment. It’s mostly sold as part of the Happy Meal, in order to introduce vegetable snacks at an early age of the children.”
Our brand is also present on Spanish market, where we have built a strong position through our Organic range of bagged salads. Organic is another promising trend not only is Spain but also in Portugal. A good signal of this new trend is the strong investment of all retailers not only dedicating more space to organic products but also opening new stores that are exclusively offering organic food. We foresee a faster growth of this trend in the coming years."
“Fruit Logistica in Berlin is always a good moment to interact with our export customers and show our brand to other potential international customers. Obviously, our ready to eat salads can´t be exported outside Portugal and Spain. The shelf life is too short for that. However, we export washed and packed vegetables to, for example the more Northern region of Europe. Countries that we export to are for example Norway, Poland, Switzerland, Denmark, the Netherlands and more”, concludes Fradeira.
You can visit Vitacress Portugal at the Fruit Logistica in hall 5.2 at stand C-12.
For more information:
T: (+351) 283 320 500
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/15/2018 US: Demand for bell peppers on the rise
- 10/15/2018 “Watercress - a power food for all seasons”
- 10/15/2018 China: Peppers in abundance
- 10/15/2018 China: Red choy sum on the market one month early
- 10/15/2018 China: How will bumper harvest of leeks affect the price?
- 10/15/2018 Baja green bean supplies to be short after Hurricane Rosa
- 10/15/2018 Israeli cucumbers more expensive due to viruses
- 10/15/2018 US: Pueblo County farmers rush to pick green chilli peppers
- 10/12/2018 ''We hope German food retailers will soon start selling these nutritious legumes ''
- 10/12/2018 Chinese garlic growers clash with officials
- 10/12/2018 Peppers: Competition is between Italy, Spain and the Netherlands
- 10/12/2018 Italy wants the Lamuyo pepper
- 10/12/2018 Peruvian company Virú acquires pepper distributor in Spain
- 10/12/2018 'Great development potential for Chicarita novelty lettuce''
- 10/12/2018 China: Vegetable prices beginning to recover
- 10/12/2018 China: Prohibition on garlic farming around Lake Erhu
- 10/12/2018 US (CA): Researchers get $5 million to combat downy mildew in lettuce
- 10/11/2018 Plan 2020: King Courgette guarantees that 100% of the energy used in its facilities is green
- 10/11/2018 China: Fall in sweet potato prices
- 10/11/2018 Production thins on imported calabaza