Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: 31,000 tons of African and Latin American bananas in November
Once again, there were 31,000 tons of African and Latin American bananas in November. They continue arriving from France at a very low price: 4.074 tons at 0.32 euro per kilo, according to the customs statistics.
In November of 2017, 34.570 tons arrived from the Canary Islands and 30.850 tons were imported, mainly from Africa and Latin America. As re-exports amounted to 8.236 tons, Spanish consumers had at their disposal about 57.183 tons of bananas, i.e. 2.2% more than a month earlier. The imported banana's market share in November has ranged from 40% to 54% of the available supply in Spain.
The main suppliers of imported banana in November were Costa Rica with 10.013 tons, the Ivory Coast with 7.026 tons, France with 4.074, and Colombia with 3.843 tons; together they accounted for 81% of the total volume.
So far in the year 2017, shipments from the Canary Islands amounted to 353.508 tons. Meanwhile, imports, mainly from Africa and Latin America, amounted to 283.477 tons, and re-exports to 90.043 tons. As such, the supply available has risen to 546.941 tons, 2.691 tons more than in the same period in 2016. The combined market share of imported bananas has fluctuated between 35% and 52% of the available supply in Spain.
The leading suppliers of imported banana so far this year have been Costa Rica with 92.063 tons, the Ivory Coast with 52.905 tons, France with 38.761 tons, and Colombia with 34.886 tons, which accounts for 77% of the total volume.
More information: hojasbananeras.blogspot.com
Publication date: 2/5/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: