- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Export Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Putin: Expand presence of Russian agricultural products on international market
- Organic sector calls for clearer contingency measures as Brexit looms
- Japanese PM: 'Japan would welcome UK to TPP’
- ‘Perfect storm’ of weather and Brexit could have devastating effect on leek industry
- Sri Lanka: Pineapple and passion fruit cultivation zones to be established in Moneragala
Collapse of tomato prices in Ukraine
At the moment, traders are already willing to ship tomatoes for 35-38 UAH/kg (0.99-1.07 Euro/kg). For comparison, a week earlier the prices for these products in Ukraine often reached 50 UAH/kg (1.41 Euro/kg).
The main reason for this price trend, according to market players, is the extremely low demand for the product. Wholesale companies and retailers are buying tomatoes in small batches, allegedly because of low consumer demand. Moreover, buyers are often said to be dissatisfied with the quality of the tomatoes on offer.
As a result, the price of tomatoes in Ukraine is about 13-16% cheaper than in the second half of January 2017, and market players do not rule out further price drops.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/15/2018 US: Demand for bell peppers on the rise
- 10/15/2018 “Watercress - a power food for all seasons”
- 10/15/2018 China: Peppers in abundance
- 10/15/2018 China: Red choy sum on the market one month early
- 10/15/2018 China: How will bumper harvest of leeks affect the price?
- 10/15/2018 Baja green bean supplies to be short after Hurricane Rosa
- 10/15/2018 Israeli cucumbers more expensive due to viruses
- 10/15/2018 US: Pueblo County farmers rush to pick green chilli peppers
- 10/12/2018 ''We hope German food retailers will soon start selling these nutritious legumes ''
- 10/12/2018 Chinese garlic growers clash with officials
- 10/12/2018 Peppers: Competition is between Italy, Spain and the Netherlands
- 10/12/2018 Italy wants the Lamuyo pepper
- 10/12/2018 Peruvian company Virú acquires pepper distributor in Spain
- 10/12/2018 'Great development potential for Chicarita novelty lettuce''
- 10/12/2018 China: Vegetable prices beginning to recover
- 10/12/2018 China: Prohibition on garlic farming around Lake Erhu
- 10/12/2018 US (CA): Researchers get $5 million to combat downy mildew in lettuce
- 10/11/2018 Plan 2020: King Courgette guarantees that 100% of the energy used in its facilities is green
- 10/11/2018 China: Fall in sweet potato prices
- 10/11/2018 Production thins on imported calabaza