- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Procurement manager-buyer
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
Top 5 -yesterday
- Spain: "Asturian kiwifruit ends up in Bilbao, Barcelona or Madrid"
- UK: Post-Brexit agriculture plans will have ‘serious impact’ on Northern Ireland farms
- Ghana has become biggest importer of onions from Niger
- Produce focused marketing and PR agency expands with new hires
- Vietnam: Nearly 80 percent of Hanoi fruit stores meet safety standards
Top 5 -last month
- Iran producing over 5 million tons of citrus fruits per year
- Apple and stonefruit industry members await new directives from MPI
- South Africa: Woolworths removes organic baby spinach from shelves
- Walmart: virtual reality training to all U.S. stores
- Argentina: 100 hectares less pear and apple trees every year
Top 5 -last week
- Poland: “Asian clients prefer our smaller sweet apples”
- Spain: Freshuelva asks for Ministry's help to open new markets for its berries
- India opens up its domestic market to Ukrainian apple exporters
- "Insect pests will increase due to climate change"
- UC Davis selects Global Plant Genetics for strawberry licensing
Alibaba seeks to expand agreements with Spanish food companies
This contribution has been made in the course of its settlement process in Spain, which has been underway since late 2016 and led by Rodrigo Cipriani Foresio, Managing Director of Alibaba for Southern Europe. According to Alibaba Group, the mission of Cipriani Foresio is to connect consumers and suppliers, particularly SME's and large companies, and help them take advantage of all the opportunities of the Alibaba ecosystem. Working hand in hand with him are Ernesto Caccavale, head for business development at Alibaba in Spain and Portugal (mainly oriented to the development of the B2C marketplaces of Alibaba, Tmall and Tmall Global, as well as the B2B marketplace Alibaba.com) and Estela Ye, which leads the AliExpress team in the Spanish market.
The future development of the Asian giant in Spain will give Spanish companies access to their more than 500 million current consumers. "We offer brands and companies the essential technological infrastructure, marketing knowledge and business operations necessary to take advantage of the power of the internet." Ultimately, we allow companies to transform the way they market, sell and operate, and our long-term goal is to serve 2,000 million consumers and millions of small businesses around the world, also in Spain," said sources from the company.
Thus, the objective of the group, chaired by Jack Ma, is to continue increasing the number of companies of different sizes, focusing on the main Spanish sectors, such as fashion, accessories, beauty, baby products and food and beverages (in particular, wine, olive oil and preserves). "We want to help Spanish businesses succeed in China, and not only those who have no presence and need support to expand their supply, but also those who had not considered the possibility of selling to Chinese consumers, helping them from the get-go with their cross-border transactions," they explain.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/23/2018 Paul van der Beek is Fresh Care Convenience's new Branch Director
- 10/23/2018 Maap goes to Madrid to meet the world
- 10/23/2018 Florette showcases its products at Fruit Attraction 2018
- 10/23/2018 "Only specialists and professionals will survive in the kaki business"
- 10/23/2018 Produce focused marketing and PR agency expands with new hires
- 10/23/2018 Decline in turnover and profits for Rijk Zwaan
- 10/23/2018 UNITEC's technology in the running for ACCELERA Awards
- 10/22/2018 Chiquita opens doors of banana ripening plant
- 10/22/2018 Dutch ambassador opens Algerian potato storage facility
- 10/22/2018 Chainn will be operational from November 1st
- 10/22/2018 Pace International launches new edible fruit coating
- 10/22/2018 AVEVA partners with TOMRA to lead 'digital transformation of fresh produce industry'
- 10/22/2018 HelloFresh acquires Canadian meal kit company Chefs Plate
- 10/19/2018 PMA CEO Burns’ State of the industry
- 10/19/2018 "There is no doubt that resistant varieties are the future"
- 10/19/2018 Mixed loads increasingly popular
- 10/19/2018 KÖLLA UK newly empowered
- 10/19/2018 Label manufacturer launches new brand and website
- 10/19/2018 Whole Leaf is ready to grow with a new President
- 10/19/2018 Schoeller Allibert appoints Ludo Gielen as new CEO