- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
- Late Southern Hemisphere mandarins pushing Spain's earliest ones away from the market
- Spain: Mangoes from July to December if the right varieties are planted
- Swiss lamb's lettuce season picks up speed
- An American story - man becomes a millionaire by selling potato peelers
- 12 supermarkets and hypermarkets operated by the Quattrucci family join the Casino Group
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Raising a glass to a new Polish blueberry beer in Berlin
Polish blueberries and craft beer have become a trademark feature of Poland’s exports. Both industries are oriented toward quality and product innovation.
Blueberries from Polish Berry Cooperative (PBC) are pre-cooled already at the plantation, within less than 30 minutes after picking, so they retain the values of freshly harvested fruit longer.
"The new Polish harvesting standard is more demanding than Global GAP and other international standards. Blueberries harvested this way are exported to 25 countries on 4 continents” says Dariusz Zęgota of ELLIOT, one of PBC’s members.
With its 800 year-old tradition, hundreds of new breweries and over 1,650 new beers arriving every year, Poland is one of the driving forces behind the “beer revolution” - the massive success of craft brewing around the world. SALAMANDER Blueberry Berliner Weisse is the fruit of PBC's cooperation with Browar Stu Mostów, a brewery based in Wrocław.
“It’s a mix of the traditional German school of brewing, the historical style - a light, sour, extremely delicate and refreshing beer - Berliner Weisse is fermented with lactic acid bacteria and with an addition of blueberries” says Mateusz Gulej, the Chief Brewer at Browar Stu Mostów.
“Together, we decided to go for the variety of blueberries called Chandler, in a version cooled immediately after picking" says Gulej. “We used a special extraction device, HopGun, to get the best of the fruit. The beer will have a beautiful blueberry colour and taste, it will be slightly sour and very refreshing”.
“As the leaders of international expansion, we want to draw attention to the success of Polish blueberries and craft brewing. We benefit from the good opinion about Polish food and crafts. We think it makes sense for our industries to cooperate” stresses Dariusz Zęgota of PBC. “A joint product is an opportunity to integrate and promote our national characteristics: openness, hospitality, creativity and entrepreneurship. The beer will have its premiere at the Fruit Logistica Fair in Berlin. It will be a good opportunity to raise a glass for the success of the two flagship export industries of Poland".
Those interested in a cooperation with Polish growers and in the taste of blueberry beer will not have to wait long, especially if they visit Fruit Logistica 2018. The PBC stand is located in Hall B (CityCube) E-20.
Brewers from Browar Stu Mostów will be in Berlin on the first day of the Fair. The premiere is also partnered by a Berlin brewery BRLO, which is hosting an after party on the night of 7 February.
For more information:
Polish Berry Cooperative
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 02/28/2018 Landgard persuades its visitors with innovative marketing ideas for fruit and vegetables
- 02/27/2018 RED MOON®, an incredible run in Berlin
- 02/26/2018 New partnership established for Crimson Snow
- 02/23/2018 Panama conquers new markets with its fruits
- 02/22/2018 New snacks and fresh-cut products in Berlin
- 02/22/2018 PMA industry members establish new business opportunities
- 02/21/2018 Secretary of State Dr. Aeikens appreciates the commitment of the German fruit and vegetable industry
- 02/20/2018 Biodegradable packaging made from artichokes
- 02/20/2018 China: Sanya mangoes at the Fruit Logistica in Berlin
- 02/20/2018 Jordanian fruit and vegetable exporters visit Fruit Logistica
- 02/19/2018 Cargo monitoring company and sea freight forwarder announce trials in Berlin
- 02/16/2018 Photo reports Fruit Logistica 2018
- 02/16/2018 Silver medal for ADORA tomato
- 02/15/2018 Argentina: Blueberry producers defined strategies in Berlin
- 02/13/2018 Pook Coconut Chips were winners of FLIA 2018
- 02/07/2018 Futura targets healthy snacking with new line of dried apples
- 02/07/2018 Heliospectra's new software brings automated lighting for improved yields
- 02/07/2018 Ethiopia present for the first time at Fruit Logistica
- 02/06/2018 La Linea Verde keeps on growing in Europe
- 02/06/2018 Peruvian exports benefit from climate and geographic location