- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Czech fruit growers call for stricter controls on Polish apples
"If the number of such cases continues to rise, we will ask the state authorities to require a certification for each batch of Polish apples to guarantee that the apples are safe," said Ludvík. Consumers, according to him, may become less willing to consume apples because of those bad Polish fruits.
The Central Director of the State Agricultural and Food Inspection Authority (CAFIA) Martin Klanica told the fruit growers that inspections of Polish apples will be carried out more consistently, especially after the last case, when a laboratory analysis on Gloster apples from Poland revealed the presence of a pesticide that is banned in the European Union due to its undesirable side effects.
According to fruit growers, Poland seems to have a systemic problem with ensuring the health of its apples. "Inspections on imported apples are only done on small samples, so they are not able to detect everything," said Ludvík. According to the fruit growers, the control authorities should, as far as possible, test every batch of apples imported from Poland into the Czech market.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/17/2018 Kazakhstan bans import of 20 tons of Kyrgyzstan grapes
- 10/17/2018 Queensland police scale back Australian strawberry investigations
- 10/17/2018 Austrian Hepatitis 'A' cases match strains of Swedish outbreak
- 10/17/2018 Health citations in Houston restaurants: “Roaches in bags of onions”
- 10/17/2018 Prime Deli Corp. recalls 7-Eleven salads
- 10/16/2018 US: FDA investigates more Cyclospora outbreaks
- 10/16/2018 India: Artificially colored green peas sold in Margao market
- 10/16/2018 US: New numbers on foodborne illness outbreaks
- 10/15/2018 Africa: Irrigating vegetables with wastewater may spread disease
- 10/12/2018 Malaysia: Viral message warns of needle found in banana in Penang
- 10/12/2018 'Outbreak that killed seven was largely caused by dust storms'
- 10/11/2018 “Consumption of rotten tomatoes causes cancer”
- 10/10/2018 “I’m surprised by the number of recalls”
- 10/10/2018 California growers change safety practices
- 10/10/2018 Latin-American, Caribbean, USDA experts discuss future of food safety
- 10/09/2018 Official bodies ensuring that recalled lettuce not allowed back in Malaysia
- 10/09/2018 Sobeys packaged vegetable products recalled
- 10/09/2018 Chemical residue warning on fruit and vegetables Thailand
- 10/09/2018 Food safety about more than just 'keeping regulators happy'
- 10/05/2018 Singapore recalls Malaysian iceberg lettuce over pesticide content