Job offersmore »
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Only 20% of work on ‘mega market’ completed so far
Nepal: Fruit and flower market construction misses deadlineOnly around 20% of the construction work on the fruit and flowers 'mega market' in Chobhar has been completed up until now. So construction hasn’t come very far, even though the project deadline expired in December 2017. The estimated cost of the project is 320 million Nepalese rupees (2.54 mln euros).
The project was awarded to a joint venture of Mahadev Khimti Nirman Sewa, Samsu Zaman, and ANK Construction in 2014, setting a construction deadline of December 2017.
“Despite the end of the contract period having passed, only about a fifth of the work has been completed. This is mainly due to delays caused by technical issues,” Dr Govinda Prasad Sharma, Project Director of the Project for Agricultural Commercialization and Trade, - a World Bank-funded project - told Republica.
Publication date: 1/24/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: