Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Iran: Fall in agricultural exportsNews reports confirm that Iranís agricultural exports amounted to $ 4.00 billion during the first nine months of the current fiscal year (March 20-December 21), 3.4 percent less year-on-year.
The country exported 4.19 million tons of agricultural products during the period, which is 2.4 percent less compared to the same period of the preceding year, according to the data released by Iranís Agriculture Ministry. Agricultural products had 12.7 percent share in Iranís overall exports in the 9-month period in terms of value and 4.7 percent in terms of volume.
Agronomic products topped the list of exports with 63.4 percent share in terms of volume, followed by horticultural products (21.6 percent) and livestock (12.3 percent).
Watermelon topped the list of exports in terms of volume. Iran exported 717,340 tons of watermelon, followed by tomatoes (369,370 tons), potatoes (353,910 tons), apple (256,210 tons) and wheat flour (214,420 tons).
Meanwhile, pistachio ($820.17 million), saffron ($144.5 million), tomato paste ($138 million) and watermelon ($137.1 million) topped the list of Iranís agricultural exports in terms of value.
According to an azernews.az article, Iranian officials say that the countryís annual agricultural output stands at 120 million tons, worth at $80 million. The figure includes 82 million tons of crops, 20 million tons of horticultural products, 14 million tons of livestock, and over one million tons of fishery products.
Publication date: 1/19/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: