Job offersmore »
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- Spain: Report accuses major veg producer of severe environmental damage
- Grape grower-shipper opens new warehouse in Nogales, AZ
- One of New Zealand’s newest apple varieties starts Dazzling the world
- AU: New technology delivering biodegradable produce labels
- China: Dragon fruit prices down slightly compared to previous years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Indian State does not have proper horticulture policyMinister for Horticulture Syed Basharat Ahmed Bukhari Wednesday said that the State didn’t have a proper horticulture policy, while the sector has a potential to generate 400-500 billion rupees (5.12-6.40 billion euros) revenue against the current 85 billion rupees (1.09 billion euros).
“There wasn’t any horticulture policy. Everyone who held this portfolio in the past has tried his best. But the situation has changed. We are working to frame a proper policy to develop the overall horticulture sector,” he said.
According to Bukhari, there are 12 items on budget about horticulture. Amongst these are the establishment of high quality nurseries, setting up of walnut processing units, development of nurseries of mango and litchi, promotion of Aloe Vera cultivation and refrigerated vans, finance of orchards and high density plantation.
Furthermore, risingkashmir.com could report that 2018-2019 will be celebrated as ‘Apple year’. Bukhari claimed they are working on it, revolutionising the whole horticulture sector and not only the apple industry.
Publication date: 1/19/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: