Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: Aranca DOP di Ribera doing well"The Arancia di Ribera DOP campaign started one month ago and is going very well," explains Paolo Parlapiano, sales manager from Parlapiano Fruit Srl, one of the leading citrus fruit producers in Sicily.
Above: Paolo Parlapiano
Customers keep going back
"Quality this year is excellent. Both sales and prices have increased straight away, meaning customers appreciate our produce. They are increasingly aware of the distinctive qualities of these oranges."
Mipaaf data revealed that, last year, Parlapiano Fruit cultivated over 80.5% of the fruit sold as "Arancia di RIbera DOP".
In 2016/17, Parlapiano Fruit Srl cultivated 80.5% of the total produce sold as "Arancia di Ribera DOP".
90% of the produce sold as Arancia di Ribera is made up of the Pdo Washington Navel variety, a blond orange that has been grown in the area ever since 1930 thanks to the ideal soil and weather conditions and wise cultivation techniques passed on from one generation to the next.
Oranges that you can eat or drink
These oranges are easy to peel and are sweet. The perfect balance between the soft and fibrous parts means they are pleasantly crunchy. They can be eaten fresh or squeezed, as they are very juicy. The peel doesn't undergo post-harvest treatments and is therefore edible, meaning the fruit can be used for a variety of dishes.
"One of the most distinctive characteristics is the texture, as juice cells dissolve in the mouth without leaving residues. In addition, these oranges have a high vitamin C content, very important to support the human immune system."
PARLAPIANO FRUIT S.R.L.
C.da Donna Vanna SP 57
92016 Ribera (AG) - ITALY
Tel. +39 0925 545947
Fax +39 0925 545947
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: