- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Procurement manager-buyer
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Obeikan MDF takes its tenth anniversary celebrations to Madrid
- US: Asian citrus psyllids found in Kern County
- Land reform - all over the world
- Peru uses less than 10% of the land that is suitable for agriculture
- Exquisite Fruits plans to import organic bananas from Ecuador and the Dominican Republic
Representative of Dutch greenhouse horticulture visits Almeria
The Westland region accounts for more than 50% of the Dutch horticultural and cut flower production in greenhouses. There are a total of 2,450 hectares of crops, with 800 producers and 60,000 jobs created. Cutting-edge companies in the sector that produce, trade, distribute and process horticultural products are also based in Westland.
Just like the Poniente almeriense, Westland is one of the most important greenhouse horticultural production regions in the world, known for its excellent infrastructure, good exchange of knowledge and efficient logistics. Therefore, the Westland horticultural group can reach almost 500 million consumers in Europe.
Similarities between El Ejido and Westland
The public representatives of El Ejido have been able to verify that the agriculture of Westland and El Ejido share the same challenges and priorities, such as attracting young people to work in the field and offering them adequate training, the implementation of a circular economy that guarantees the sustainability of the sector, and the promotion of fruit and vegetable consumption.
Marga Vintges has stressed that the cultivation of greenhouse vegetables has a great role in Westland due to the temperatures in winter and the growing demand from consumers in the surrounding large cities.
Góngora stressed that "there are great similarities between the region of Westland, also known as the 'glass region', and the Poniente almeriense, as they both host a huge number of high-end greenhouses, have a highly developed leading auxiliary industry and share a great interest in biological crop protection for their certified quality crops, which are characterised by their extraordinary flavour."
El Ejido and Westland, as well as other competing production areas in Europe, are constantly exchanging knowledge and information in order to face the challenges and problems that arise throughout the season.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 US (CA): Smart Cannabis retrofits greenhouses in Monterey County
- 10/18/2018 Greenhouse grower to offer taste-tests "behind closed doors" at PMA
- 10/18/2018 Can the Russian greenhouse industry overcome challenges?
- 10/17/2018 Greenhouse grown strawberries with chocolate flavored dip at Fresh Summit
- 10/16/2018 North Carolina indoor city farm nears completion of Phase 1
- 10/12/2018 Village Farms launches 'sweet' or 'smooth' campaign
- 10/09/2018 End of greenhouse production season in sight
- 10/09/2018 BC bell pepper grower ramps up by cooling down
- 10/08/2018 DelFrescoPure® announces partnership with vertical farming company
- 10/04/2018 Turkey: Decline in agricultural production areas in Kutahya
- 10/03/2018 France's first fruit and vegetable tower blocks
- 10/02/2018 US (IA): Family-owned restaurant embraces hydroponics
- 10/01/2018 Hydroponic blueberry cultivation achieves 50% higher yields
- 10/01/2018 France: 90,000m2 of photovoltaic greenhouses for kiwi farming
- 09/28/2018 BayWa and Al Dahra harvest first premium tomatoes in the desert
- 09/26/2018 "Keeping up with high operational heating costs is a challenge"
- 09/20/2018 Growing exotic fruit during cold, dark Icelandic winters thanks to geothermal energy
- 09/19/2018 Germany: Scarce cucumbers and high prices - but things are getting better
- 09/19/2018 Lower pepper exports for Spain
- 09/13/2018 Company-university partnership helps build Mexico’s greenhouse industry