Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Dong Thap, Vietnam, develops mango value chain
The Vietnamese Mekong Delta province of Dong Thap has revamped its mango farming, going for lower prices, higher quality and value, GAP standards and market-led production. To that end, the province has developed value-added products as well as a mango value chain.
The province has the largest acreage of mangoes in the Mekong Delta with more than 9,300 ha and an annual output of 90,000 tonnes. Cat Chu and Cat Hoa Loc are the major mango varieties,accounting for respectively 70 and 20 percent of the total mango area. Each year, Dong Thap earns about 1.5 trillion VND (US$ 66 million) from mangoes.
Vietnamplus reports how two cooperatives and 29 groups have been established. They provide mangoes for the following companies: Long Uyen Company, Injae Corporation of the Republic of Korea, Thuan Phong Co., Ltd, Good Life Co., Ltd and Viet Duc Food Technology Co., Ltd in an effort to develop the mango value chain.
Such cooperatives and groups have been assisted to get the GAP certificate, which allows them to export mango to the South Korea, Japan, New Zealand, China and Russia.
Publication date: 1/17/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: