Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexico is the fourth biggest producer of grapefruit
Mexico is the fourth biggest producer of grapefruit in the world with a production of over 424 thousand tons, i.e. one in every 20 tons of grapefruits comes from the Mexican countryside, where the state of Veracruz leads its production.
According to information from the Ministry of Agriculture, this citrus fruit, which is a healthy product for consumption, is also used in the pharmaceutical and cosmetic industry, as its aroma is used in the production of essential oils for aromatherapy.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Rural Development, Fisheries and Food (Sagarpa) stated that there are different grapefruit varieties, which are classified by the color of its pulp (white, pink, and red).
Publication date: 1/17/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: