Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexico is the fourth biggest producer of grapefruit
Mexico is the fourth biggest producer of grapefruit in the world with a production of over 424 thousand tons, i.e. one in every 20 tons of grapefruits comes from the Mexican countryside, where the state of Veracruz leads its production.
According to information from the Ministry of Agriculture, this citrus fruit, which is a healthy product for consumption, is also used in the pharmaceutical and cosmetic industry, as its aroma is used in the production of essential oils for aromatherapy.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Rural Development, Fisheries and Food (Sagarpa) stated that there are different grapefruit varieties, which are classified by the color of its pulp (white, pink, and red).
Publication date: 1/17/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: