- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Onion exports from Azerbaijan show big increases
This year the export of onions from Azerbaijan increased exponentially, while imports dropped dramatically. Deputy Minister of Economy Sahil Babayev told Azernews that the ever increasing global competitiveness on the onion markets has enabled Azerbaijan to successfully export to foreign markets.
Russia is the main recipient of the Azerbaijani onion, with 61 percent. It is followed by Turkmenistan and Iraq. Currently, a ton of bulb onions will domestically go on the wholesale market for about $ 160. When exported, the average price is $ 310 per ton.
There are certainly opportunity for exporting Azerbaijani onions. Pricing is for example: Georgia ($ 431/ton), Saudi Arabia ($ 420/ton), Russia ($ 408/ton), Kuwait ($ 365/ton), Bahrain ($ 313/ton).
In 2013, 158,000 tons of onions were delivered, while production in 2016 reached 178,000 tons. Productivity was 15 tons per hectare.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 China: Gansu onions damaged by weather
- 10/19/2018 Vidalia onions look to the future with mechanical planting
- 10/19/2018 Louisiana bans sweet potatoes from NC, SC, and FL
- 10/19/2018 Higher shallot production for Indonesia
- 10/19/2018 Lewis Lydon receives 2018 Reg Miller Award
- 10/18/2018 Yield organic of potatoes has not collapsed as much as that of conventional ones
- 10/18/2018 India: Onions likely to cost Rs 45 a kg by Diwali on low crop
- 10/18/2018 Egypt - “We aim to export 5,000 tons of sweet potato next year”
- 10/18/2018 Most of North Carolina's sweet potato crop saved
- 10/18/2018 Onion Market and Crop Update for October 18, 2018
- 10/17/2018 Spain: Potato campaign coming to an end in Castile-Leon
- 10/17/2018 “More potato virus cases suspected”
- 10/17/2018 UK potato farmers feel effects of variable weather
- 10/17/2018 "Very few transactions on the fresh market"
- 10/17/2018 Belgium: Potato yield, size and EPS are the lowest in the last 4 harvests
- 10/16/2018 Test grubbing delivers lower yields than expected
- 10/15/2018 Potato, onion and carrot market in Lower Austria: Stable market situation
- 10/15/2018 “We’ve never been out of potatoes before”
- 10/15/2018 ''Hurricane leads to sweet potato harvest problems in the US''
- 10/15/2018 Scotland: Guide for potato pest