Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Chile: Valparaiso terminals lead fruit exports
The Association of Fruit Exporters of Chile AG (Asoex) stated that the terminals of the port of Valparaiso led in fruit exports.
According to the trade union, in the 2016-2017 campaign, the leased terminals of Valparaíso mobilized 1,599,791 tons of fruit, i.e. 38.71% more than in the 2015-2016 cycle.
The second port with the largest share in this type of products was San Antonio, which transferred 544,763 tons, 38.8% less than the 890,196 tons it moved in the 2015-2016 campaign. It was followed by the Port of Arica, which mobilized 74,945 tons of fruit (+17.79%).
The Port of Coronel ranked fourth with 72,257 tons (+31.82%), and the SVTI 54,572 tons, only 0.19 more than in the 2015-2016 campaign.
“According to third parties, the Port of Valparaíso is the most important center of operations for shipments of fruit to the United States, Europe and Asia. This port continues to be the most important port in fruit shipments, which shows that we have the the most efficient logistics chain for the whole fruit process, as recognized by exporters who have asked all their suppliers and shippers to ship their products through Valparaiso," said Carlos Vera, the Logistics Manager of the Port of Valparaiso.
Vera said that 70% of the fruit that is transferred in the ports of the Valparaíso Region is sent abroad through the docks of the regional capital of Buenos Aires.
Source: SimFRUIT according to information from PortalPortuario
Publication date: 1/16/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: