Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Fast growing area for fruit production
Reemoon expands its sorting line technology in the Mediterranean
"The Mediterranean coast is made up of Egypt, Algeria, Tunisia, Spain, Italy, Turkey and Israel. In the past twenty years, following the development of modern infrastructure, refrigerated storage technologies and urbanization, the agriculture in countries like France, Spain and Israel, has been specializing", says Sam Zhao, Overseas Affairs Manager at Reemoon Sorting Technology.
"These companies have become large scale fruit producers, and their products are gradually spreading all over the world. There are many packaging facilities in these countries, but many are confronted with the necessity to upgrade their equipment. That is where we have found a business opportunity on the local market," states Sam Zhao, Overseas Affairs Manager at Reemoon Technology Holdings Co., Ltd.
Reemoon's four lane sorting equipment and packaging platform in Cyprus
Four lane sorting equipment in Cyprus
"In 2015, Reemoon Technology installed its first four lane sorting equipment in Cyprus. It was used for sorting round and oval fruits, such as grapefruits, oranges, navel oranges and tangerines. In the past three years, we have received very positive feedback from our customers in Cyprus. They are very satisfied with the application and accuracy of our equipment. Last year, we have also installed double lane sorting equipment in Israel. This is mainly used for sorting passion fruits, avocados and oranges."
Four lane sorting equipment and packaging platform in Cyprus
Four lane sorting equipment in Egypt
Expansion in Egypt
"Egypt is a well-known producer of oranges. It has an enormous annual production, and many packaging facilities, but it is still using inaccurate and damaging sorting machinery, as it is challenging to upgrade. This year, there will be approximately ten plants in Egypt that will need an upgrade. We have sold four pieces of four to six lane sorting equipment on this market, which means we are upgrading 40% of the Egyptian equipment."
Double lane sorting equipment in Israel
Four lane sorting equipment in Spain
"Similar to Spain, we have an agent in Egypt, a technical engineer who is responsible for the after-sales, including maintenance, repair and relevant trainings, to help large, middle and small scaled packaging facilities in upgrading their equipment."
In order to further display our sorting equipment, and strengthen and develop foreign markets, Reemoon Technology will be attending Fruit Logistica in Berlin from 7 to 9 February 2018. Our delegation will be looking forward to seeing you at stand B-17 in exhibition hall 6.1.
Sam Zhao (Overseas Affairs Manager)
Reemoon Technology Holdings Co., Ltd.
Phone: +86 188 7973 0096
Publication date: 1/15/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: