Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Australia: Mango thieves strip treesThere are some strange goings-on in the Australian Whitsunday Islands. Many residents are reporting their mango trees have been stripped bare by people helping themselves to the fruit.
Senior Constable Steve Smith of the Mackay Police confirmed they are investigating the incident. “In the morning of January 9, two adults and two children were observed to walk upon private property and almost strip one mango tree clean. Approximately 320 mangoes were stolen from this privately owned mango tree. That's pretty much all of them."
“Our suggestion is that if any family wishes to sample the local produce in rural areas, they first speak with the property owners and come to an agreement," said Smith. "Or, there are many roadside produce stalls on the highways and roads. Feel free to stop and support the local farmers."
According to the Whitsunday Times, other residents within the area commented online that their mango trees had also been stripped without their permission, which begs the question: Just what is the thief planning on doing with all of these mangoes?
Publication date: 1/15/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: