Job offersmore »
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Australia: Mango thieves strip treesThere are some strange goings-on in the Australian Whitsunday Islands. Many residents are reporting their mango trees have been stripped bare by people helping themselves to the fruit.
Senior Constable Steve Smith of the Mackay Police confirmed they are investigating the incident. “In the morning of January 9, two adults and two children were observed to walk upon private property and almost strip one mango tree clean. Approximately 320 mangoes were stolen from this privately owned mango tree. That's pretty much all of them."
“Our suggestion is that if any family wishes to sample the local produce in rural areas, they first speak with the property owners and come to an agreement," said Smith. "Or, there are many roadside produce stalls on the highways and roads. Feel free to stop and support the local farmers."
According to the Whitsunday Times, other residents within the area commented online that their mango trees had also been stripped without their permission, which begs the question: Just what is the thief planning on doing with all of these mangoes?
Publication date: 1/15/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: