Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Annual fruit import Shanghai port reaches one million tons
According to data from the Shanghai Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau, last year's fruit import through the port of Shanghai reached 1,008,800 tons. This is the first time that the quantity surpasses one million tons, making it the biggest fruit import year for the port.
Last year's fruit import had a value of 1,3 billion dollar, which is an increase of almost 30% from 2016. The fruit is imported from 33 countries and regions, such as the Philippines, Vietnam, Chile, New Zealand and America, and it includes 41 different kinds of fruit, such as bananas, dragon fruit, grapes, oranges, cherries and kiwis. The import of bananas, oranges, cherries and kiwis has a value of around 200 million dollar.
High end fruit is becoming more and more popular, and it has become more prominent in the imported fruit of the past years. As the life standards in China are getting higher, the higher and more diversified demands are leading to a change in the consumption. Healthy fruit, for example, such as avocados, have a relatively high price, but they are still very popular. Last year's avocado import reached a value of 50 million dollar for the first time. Furthermore, as new foreign products are entering China, the people will have more imported fruit to choose from.
Source: Pudong Times
Publication date: 1/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: