- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Lead Auditor
- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Staay’s Brazilian melons to get Rainforest Alliance certification
- New flavors available for value-added potato products
- New generation of palletising machines presented in the Netherlands
- Spain: "Plenty of doubts and uncertainty ahead of Brexit"
- Spain: "Teaching how to consume papayas is more difficult than growing them"
Sales to China could more than double this year
Avocado popular with China's middle class
And the pace of growth shows no sign of slowing; more and more health-conscious consumers in the world's most populous nation are showing an interest in avocados. The fruit also appeals to ‘young, trendy people’. Chinese millennials who have travelled overseas are also helping to boost the market. Most of the demand in China is from urban consumers in the largest cities of Shanghai, Beijing and Guangzhou.
Theedgemarkets.com reports how for countries like Mexico, however, the U.S. remains a priority market. Mexico plans to ship 1.8 billion pounds (815,000 tons) of avocados to the U.S. in the 2017-18 season. By comparison, Latin American countries as a group shipped about 76 million pounds (34,500 tons) of avocados to China last season.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/16/2018 Spain: Mangoes from July to December if the right varieties are planted
- 10/16/2018 Two new varieties in the EAT ME fresh kit range
- 10/12/2018 PapaMango, the Sicilian mango
- 10/12/2018 Bali: Ready to export dragon fruits
- 10/11/2018 ‘Avo prices have hit their peak, supply continues to skyrocket’
- 10/11/2018 Greece: “Our aim is to double our kiwi capacity”
- 10/10/2018 Turkey: Grower in Antalya switches from tomato and pepper to dragon fruit
- 10/10/2018 Vietnamese farmers victims of dragon fruit price drop
- 10/10/2018 Mexico: Mango exports to the US decline due to the rains
- 10/10/2018 Which demographics differentiate Hispanic avocado shoppers from Non-Hispanics?
- 10/09/2018 Chapaya - palm fruit with a meaty edge
- 10/09/2018 AU: Papaya growers experiencing record crop this spring
- 10/08/2018 Vietnam’s Central Highlands encouraged to expand avocado farming
- 10/05/2018 "Currently not much money to be made with pineapples and limes"
- 10/05/2018 Colombia: Hass avocados, Limes, and pineapples for Peru
- 10/05/2018 Thailand: New Zealand avocado season takes off
- 10/05/2018 Avanza to debut in China
- 10/04/2018 "We were able to develop this traceability system thanks to our background as a mango grower in Australia"
- 10/04/2018 Overview of avocado pricing in the US
- 10/04/2018 “Mango market could be headed for a good end of the year”