- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
ICA Sweden: December sales boost
Tesco Ireland sales up 4%
UK retailer Marks & Spencer has posted a 1.4% decline in like-for-like sales in its home market in its third quarter, with Food sales down 0.4% and Clothing & Home sales down 2.8%. Total group sales were down 0.1% overall, while international sales were down 9.8%.
Irish supermarket supplier moves to London
O’Kane Irish Foods, the biggest importer of Irish foods into the UK, has moved to a new London facility. The decision to move is part of the company’s plan to strengthen its online business. YourIrishshop.com, a fully-owned subsidiary of O’Kane Irish Foods, supplies Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and ASDA.
ICA Sweden records December sales boost
Swedish retailer ICA has announced that sales increased by 4.3% in December, reaching SEK 10.95bln, while sales in like-for-like stores were up 3.6%. Festive shopping gave a boost to the retailer's performance last month, with sales increasing from the SEK 9.17bln recorded in November. This brings ICA Sweden's total sales for 2017 to SEK 114.3bln, which represents an increase of 3.1% compared with the previous year.
France: Auchan adds ‘Nutri-Score’ on private label products
France-based Auchan has changed the packaging for its private label products to add Nutri-Score front-of-pack nutritional labelling. The initiative follows the French government signing a decree for the voluntary adoption of the ‘Nutri-Score’ labelling in Q4 2017. Although driven by the French government’s aim to make labelling easier and clearer for shoppers, the initiative also supports Auchan’s Vision 2025 strategy to provide ‘good, healthy, local’ products.
Sales slow at Japan's 7-Eleven; gains abroad drive owner's Q3 profits
Japanese retail group Seven & i Holdings's domestic convenience store business slowed during the third quarter after years of non-stop growth, although its profit grew 9.5% thanks to overseas strength. The results raise worries for the retailer, which has long depended on the ubiquitous, 24-hour 7-Eleven convenience stores throughout Japan to drive profit growth at a time when its superstores and department store businesses have struggled.
Australian retail sales soar in November
The total value of retail sales in Australia jumped a seasonally adjusted 1.2% on month in November, the Australian Bureau of Statistics said - coming in at A$26.377bln. By category, sales were up for food retailing (0.2%), cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.4%), department stores (0.4%), and clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.2.%).
Tesco Ireland sales up 4% over key Christmas period
Tesco Ireland sales during the Christmas period were up 4% on a like-for-like basis compared to 2016. The supermarket group said over the 19 weeks to January 6, it had experienced the highest rate of market share growth in Ireland for five years.
US: Aldi planning 2019 store opening in Silver Spring Township
German discount grocery chain Aldi plans to open a new Cumberland County store next year as part of its expansion plan in the U.S. Aldi Frederick Division vice president Jeff Baehr said the chain is in the early stages of developing a store at 6476 Carlisle Pike in Silver Spring Township, site of a former Fire Mountain restaurant and adjacent to Appalachian Brewing Co.
US: ShopRite expands free fruit program to all stores
ShopRite Supermarkets, Inc. announced it has expanded its Kids Club program to all of its locations. The program provides children with a free snack at the supermarket, and is designed to give youngsters a reason to get excited about grocery shopping and encourage them to enjoy healthy snacks.
US: Price Chopper home delivery now available in Utica
Price Chopper is making it easier for some local customers to get the grocery items they need, without even stepping foot outside their home. Price Chopper is now offering home delivery to customers in Utica, Fulton, Oswego and Poughkeepsie, the company announced today. Customers in Utica can now order their groceries online at shop.pricechopper.com, and they’ll be delivered the same day.
US: SuperValu's third quarter fiscal report indicates strategic growth
SuperValu is celebrating a successful close to its third quarter of fiscal 2018, including finalizing an acquisition deal and a boost in net sales. "We're pleased to have completed our acquisition of AG Florida early in the fourth quarter," said President and CEO Mark Gross. "The work done in the third quarter concluded with this deal which, combined with the acquisition of Unified Grocers earlier this fiscal year, demonstrates our commitment to the strategic growth of our Wholesale business. Furthermore, we're extremely pleased with the integration work at Unified and the progress made in that market."
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 Aldi: new pointless points campaign
- 10/19/2018 Walmart: new high-tech distribution center in Shafter
- 10/18/2018 Coop: virtual shopping chatbot launched
- 10/18/2018 Smart & Final: milestone with extra banner
- 10/17/2018 UK regulator: Sainsbury's-Asda probe will include Aldi, Lidl and Amazon
- 10/17/2018 Walmart expects fastest sales growth this decade
- 10/16/2018 12 supermarkets and hypermarkets operated by the Quattrucci family join the Casino Group
- 10/16/2018 Albertsons: For 3rd consecutive quarter ID sales grow while ecommerce soars
- 10/15/2018 Aldi and Dachser: UK and Irish partnership extended with 5-year deal
- 10/15/2018 Amazon: $80mln distribution center
- 10/12/2018 Asda: EAS refresh continues with Tyco Retail Solutions
- 10/12/2018 7-Eleven joins forces with foodora for convenient Canadian delivery
- 10/11/2018 ICA: September sales figures
- 10/11/2018 Meijer: sustainability moves awarded as both supplier and carrier
- 10/10/2018 Carrefour has acquired Planeta Huerto
- 10/10/2018 7-Eleven: 1st location at Texas Motor Speedway
- 10/09/2018 Vietnamese supermarket chain acquired by Vingroup retail arm
- 10/09/2018 Target: new private label
- 10/08/2018 Casino Group: new ‘Le 4 Casino’ concept store in Paris
- 10/08/2018 Costco: Q4 income rises