- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Export Manager
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Nation bans imports of 900 products
Algeria does not import vegetables anymore – except for garlic
The OPEC member has been trying to cut outside spending since crude oil prices started falling in mid-2014. It relies on oil and gas for 60 percent of the state budget and since oil prices collapsed, earnings from this sector have halved.
The Times of Oman reported that the import ban, which took effect last Sunday, also applies to furniture, all vegetables except for garlic, some meats and fruits, cheeses, chocolates, pastries, pasta, juice, bottled waters and some building materials.
While the oil price has recently rebounded, it is still below $70 a barrel; Algerian officials have said it needs to be above $70 to help balance the budget.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/15/2018 Chinese kiwi prices on a roller coaster ride
- 10/15/2018 "Kiwis are going to be a growing crop in Valencia"
- 10/15/2018 South African off-season avocados: “There are a lot of hectares coming”
- 10/15/2018 Mango industry in Australia expected to produce more than 10 million trays
- 10/12/2018 US lifts ban on Peruvian pomegranate arils
- 10/12/2018 "Sichuan kiwifruit aims for European market"
- 10/12/2018 Southeast Asian fruit imports push Chinese industry forward
- 10/12/2018 European gooseberry market much more established than the US
- 10/12/2018 US lifts ban on pomegranate aril import from Peru
- 10/12/2018 Sri Lanka: Pineapple and passion fruit cultivation zones to be established in Moneragala
- 10/12/2018 Vietnam: Fire destroys hundreds of tons of dragon fruit
- 10/11/2018 Italy: Fewer persimmons but good quality and better prices
- 10/11/2018 The climate changes and tropical fruits grow in Italy
- 10/11/2018 Colombia: National coconuts cover 80% of domestic demand
- 10/11/2018 China: Fresh "fruit lotus root" from Linyi, Shandong, enters the market
- 10/11/2018 "People are only now discovering the kaki"
- 10/11/2018 Malta's forgotten miracle crop - prickly pears
- 10/11/2018 Start of organic mango season in Peru & Ecuador
- 10/11/2018 ‘Vietnam optimizes dragon fruit exports’
- 10/10/2018 Chile ships its last kiwis of the season