- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Due to forced price cuts in supermarkets:
Chaos in Venezuela
According to a santiagotimes.cl article, critics say Maduro is playing with fire in the oil-rich nation, where millions do not eat three square meals a day and malnutrition is on the rise. They claim this policy will dissuade supermarkets from stocking their shelves and could trigger looting.
Maduro who was narrowly elected to replace Hugo Chavez in 2013, claims he is a victim of a U.S.-led “economic war” in which businesses hoard food and stoke prices to destabilize his government.
The Venezuelan government is planning to issue the cryptocurrency Petro, that would have the same value as a barrel of oil (US$ 59), said President Maduro. One hundred million units of this cryptocurrency will be issued by the Venezuelan government, in a continued attempt to sidestep U.S. economic sanctions.
Furthermore, Venezuelan Vice President Tareck El Aissami has announced that President Maduro has extended the suspension of air and sea traffic as well as trade with the Caribbean countries of Aruba, Bonaire and Curaçao, in what it calls its ‘continued fight against smuggling’.
The premier of Aruba, Evelyn Wever-Croes, said she is ‘worried’ by the decision.
El Aissami added that strategies should be put in place to combat “the mafias that steal our assets and smuggle with impunity strategic materials, which severely affect the services and quality of life” of the Venezuelan people.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 Social Media: image cultivation for the noble tuber
- 10/19/2018 Dutch grower gets permission to grow medicinal cannabis
- 10/19/2018 Fairtrade sees 9% sales growth in 2017, exceeding €8 billion for first time
- 10/19/2018 ProducePay raises $14m Series B Funding to help farmers feed the world
- 10/19/2018 US: Spotted lanternfly found in Virginia
- 10/19/2018 Cheap and simple gadget makes grapes safer for kids
- 10/19/2018 ‘Southern Africa can expect to see erratic rainfall in 2018/19 agricultural season’
- 10/18/2018 Invasive beetle causes big problems on Hawaii's Big Island
- 10/18/2018 Spain: A new way to consume fruit on the go
- 10/18/2018 Washington sanctions Iranian banks, factories and mines
- 10/18/2018 AU: Scott Morrison reassures farmers that an "Ag Visa" is still on the cards
- 10/18/2018 More funding to tackle fruit flies in Australia
- 10/18/2018 Qatar - Researchers crack code deciding date palm gender
- 10/18/2018 Pests that spread citrus disease are key to cure
- 10/18/2018 South Africa - Almost R1 billion allocated to Western Cape drought relief
- 10/18/2018 Tearless onions... Who needs them?
- 10/17/2018 England's 50 largest built up areas
- 10/17/2018 Chloe Rutzerveld reflects on 4 years of her mini 3D printed vegetable garden
- 10/17/2018 Fuego volcano continues to threaten Guatemala
- 10/17/2018 Land reform - all over the world