Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: Exotic fruits in South TyrolIn February, a seminar will be held at the SBB headquarters in Bolzano on the cultivation and processing of rare, wild fruits.
Cultures such as the Aronia, sea buckthorn, mini kiwi, cornelian cherries, Indian bananas, medlars, rose hips and wild plums are considered more or less exotic in South Tyrol. Consequently, little is known about cultivation conditions of these particular fruits. Elderberry and hazelnut plants are also scarce in this region, although elderberry and hazelnut are much better known than most other wild fruit species.
It is all the more pleasing that the South Tyrolean Farmers' Association has managed to invite two experts from Austria for a two-day seminar on wild fruit. Eva Gantar from the Austrian Chamber of Agriculture will speak on the first day of the seminar about the cultivation conditions of elderberry, hazelnut, mini kiwi, sea buckthorn, cornelian cherries and rosehips. The second day of the seminar, a week later, will revolve around the processing: Georg Innerhofer from the College of Agriculture and Forestry Silberberg (Styria) will show participants which products can be marketed from elderberry, hazelnut, mini kiwi, sea buckthorn, cornelian cherries and rosehips. The participants will be able to taste various products.
The seminar "About Wild Fruit and Other Exotics" will take place on Monday 12th and Monday 19th February, from 9.00 am to 4.30 pm at the SBB headquarters in Bolzano. Participation fees are 120 Euro + VAT.
For more information and registration:
Tel: 0039 0471 99936
Publication date: 1/9/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: