- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Difficult export environment for 2018 Oregon hazelnut crop
- Banken Champignons starts supplying four countries with Vitamin D mushrooms
- Turkey: Cherries generate Darbogaz village revenue of 2.5 million USD
- Chilean fruits strengthens their presence in India
- "Foodservice operators should capitalize on visual trends through social media"
Top 5 -last week
Newest Farm Boy Fresh Market in Hamilton
Sprouts: Q2 openings, including first South Carolina store
Farm Boy Fresh Market is headed to Hamilton, Ont.’s west mountain district. “We are excited to be opening our newest Farm Boy in Hamilton,” said Jeff York, Farm Boy co-CEO, in a media release announcing the new location. “We have developed a store we think Hamilton shoppers will enjoy featuring the best Farm Boy wholesome fresh options in a convenient, easy-to-shop, welcoming location.”
US: Sprouts details Q2 openings, including first South Carolina store
Sprouts Farmers Market will open six stores in this year's second quarter, including its first location in South Carolina, according to a news release. The South Carolina store will be located in Simpsonville. Sprouts will also open new stores in Charlotte, N.C.; Lincoln, Calif.; San Diego Calif.; Augusta, Ga.; and Sparks, Nev. The discount natural and organic grocer plans to open 30 stores this year, and executives have said the retailer could grow to as many as 1,200 locations across the country. By the end of this year, Sprouts will have stores in 19 states.
Brazil’s Pão de Açúcar introduces new store model
Brazilian supermarket chain Pão de Açúcar has launched a new store concept, which it has introduced in five of its outlets. Changes regarding store layout and the mix of products on offer have been implemented at four of the retailer's stores in São Paulo, as well as one in Campinas. Fruits, vegetables, seeds, dried fruit, cereals, coconut water, orange juice, gluten-free, lactose-free and organic products are now grouped together in the 'Fresh' section at the store entrance.
Malaysia: Cold Storage-HappyFresh collab to boost online grocery shopping
Supermarket chain Cold Storage announced a second collaboration with HappyFresh, an online grocery shopping service to further enhance online grocery shopping experiences. In a statement, GCH Retail (M) Sdn Bhd Chief Executive Officer, Pierre-Olivier Deplanck, said through the partnership, the customers now would have the choice of shopping from 10 different stores which included Cold Storage, Mercato and Jasons Food Hall.
China: Alibaba launches major expansion of supermarkets in Beijing
China e-commerce leader Alibaba is continuing a major push into brick-and-mortar retailing with plans to add 30 supermarkets in Beijing, more than doubling its current store count. The supermarkets, under the brand name Hema, are part of Alibaba's "New Retail" strategy that integrates online e-commerce and brick-and-mortar retailing in an effort to boost sales and convenience. Alibaba launched its Hema supermarkets chain two years ago, of which there are now 25. Five of them are in Beijing.
Holland: Sligro posts €3bln in sales in 2017
Dutch wholesaler Sligro Food Group has announced that it made €2.969bln in sales in 2017. The figure marks a 5.6% increase compared to 2016, while the group’s organic growth was up by 2.1% for 2017, with 2.0% growth in Q4.
Carrefour Italia names new director of operations
Carrefour Italia has appointed Stéphane Coum as its new director of operations, succeeding Eric Uzan. In September, Uzan was promoted to the role of executive director for Southern Europe, in charge of Spain and Italy, as part of Carrefour's new group executive committee.
Gomex opens new supermarkets in Serbia
Serbian supermarket chain Gomex opened four new supermarkets in December, taking its total store count to 151. Three of the new stores - located in Deliblato, Dolovo and Bajmok - are in the retailer's mini-market convenience format.
UK: Ocado debut 100 new vegan items, becoming the UK's largest vegan stockists
Online supermarket Ocado has announced the launch of their new vegan range, adding over 90 products to their metaphorical shelves. This means that the company now has the largest vegan offering of any supermarket in the UK. The new products include items such as Follow Your Heart organic Vegenaise and High Omega Bleu Cheese Salad Dressing. Ocado has even added new vegan items to their own brand range, such as spicy bean burgers, chicken style escalopes and chicken style nuggets!
UK: Clipper expands returns solution for Marks & Spencer
Clipper Logistics plc has announced it has agreed a contract with Marks & Spencer which will see the retail focused solutions provider take a key role in the M&S returns management operation. Under this new contract Clipper will consolidate stock returned from stores, as well as online returns received direct from customers, to ensure products are in an appropriate condition for future resale, and customer refunds are processed in a timely fashion. The contract will be serviced from Clipper’s e-fulfilment facility in Ollerton.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 Aldi: new pointless points campaign
- 10/19/2018 Walmart: new high-tech distribution center in Shafter
- 10/18/2018 Coop: virtual shopping chatbot launched
- 10/18/2018 Smart & Final: milestone with extra banner
- 10/17/2018 UK regulator: Sainsbury's-Asda probe will include Aldi, Lidl and Amazon
- 10/17/2018 Walmart expects fastest sales growth this decade
- 10/16/2018 12 supermarkets and hypermarkets operated by the Quattrucci family join the Casino Group
- 10/16/2018 Albertsons: For 3rd consecutive quarter ID sales grow while ecommerce soars
- 10/15/2018 Aldi and Dachser: UK and Irish partnership extended with 5-year deal
- 10/15/2018 Amazon: $80mln distribution center
- 10/12/2018 Asda: EAS refresh continues with Tyco Retail Solutions
- 10/12/2018 7-Eleven joins forces with foodora for convenient Canadian delivery
- 10/11/2018 ICA: September sales figures
- 10/11/2018 Meijer: sustainability moves awarded as both supplier and carrier
- 10/10/2018 Carrefour has acquired Planeta Huerto
- 10/10/2018 7-Eleven: 1st location at Texas Motor Speedway
- 10/09/2018 Vietnamese supermarket chain acquired by Vingroup retail arm
- 10/09/2018 Target: new private label
- 10/08/2018 Casino Group: new ‘Le 4 Casino’ concept store in Paris
- 10/08/2018 Costco: Q4 income rises