- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Export Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
- Israeli cucumbers more expensive due to viruses
- Spain: Nazca private equity becomes majority shareholder of aromatic herbs company
- China: JD uses maglev technology in express delivery packaging
- Spain: "The popularity of Satsuma mandarins is growing again"
- Less meat, less waste and a more sustainable agriculture
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- “No cash, no bread, no KFC”
- VIRTO Group acquires Oerlemans Foods Group
- Ugandan banana breeders: It’s critical to add genetic engineering to our toolbox
- Maersk container industry secures historically large reefer order from Hapag-Lloyd
- Driscoll's responds to 'slave-labor' claims at their Mexico operations
Saudi Arabian ban on Egyptian strawberries in January
Last November, an Egyptian delegation visited the kingdom to discuss the decision, but Saudi Arabia has decided to temporarily ban strawberry imports from Egypt. There was a similar ban on Egyptian strawberries over pesticide residues in July 2017.
Furthermore, Saudi Arabia is the largest importer of Egyptian peppers, importing some 15,000 tons out of Egypt’s 23,000 ton total pepper exports. Last year, Egypt has faced a series of bans on several agricultural products, such as peppers, lettuce and onions, by Bahrain, Kuwait and the United Arab Emirates also on concerns over pesticide residues.
According to EgyptToday, the government has asked an agricultural quarantine body to advise on shipments and warn of exporters who violate agreed-upon international standards.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/15/2018 Africa: Irrigating vegetables with wastewater may spread disease
- 10/12/2018 Malaysia: Viral message warns of needle found in banana in Penang
- 10/12/2018 'Outbreak that killed seven was largely caused by dust storms'
- 10/11/2018 “Consumption of rotten tomatoes causes cancer”
- 10/10/2018 “I’m surprised by the number of recalls”
- 10/10/2018 California growers change safety practices
- 10/10/2018 Latin-American, Caribbean, USDA experts discuss future of food safety
- 10/09/2018 Official bodies ensuring that recalled lettuce not allowed back in Malaysia
- 10/09/2018 Sobeys packaged vegetable products recalled
- 10/09/2018 Chemical residue warning on fruit and vegetables Thailand
- 10/09/2018 Food safety about more than just 'keeping regulators happy'
- 10/05/2018 Singapore recalls Malaysian iceberg lettuce over pesticide content
- 10/05/2018 Frozen berries recalled because of foreign matter, says New Zealand Ministry
- 10/02/2018 Listeria in fresh produce: Are we any the wiser?
- 10/02/2018 Food safety conference delivers key learnings to the fresh produce industry
- 10/01/2018 Spinach recalled from Lidl, Aldi, Dunnes Stores, Tesco and Supervalu
- 10/01/2018 New Kenyan initiative: Fruits & vegetables to be tested for pesticides
- 10/01/2018 Aussie brewers turning strawberries into beer
- 09/28/2018 Australian PM outlines tighter export control due to contaminated fruit scare
- 09/27/2018 Why Nigeria’s agri produce still has export problems