Job offersmore »
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- Sinaloa mango pack-house opens for the season
- 45 double ripening chambers in new Lidl Moerdijk distribution centre
- TAPKIT: 500m2 self-assembly hydroponic greenhouse
- Chilean Hortifrut interested in buying the largest Peruvian producer of blueberries
- “We provide remote, in-transit corrective actions to containerized shipments”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"Long term plan for stable growth starts with expansion"
Polish banana importer positive about 2018Despite the challenges of the banana market in 2017, Polish importer Quiza decided to expand their ripening and storage facilities to reach a total capacity of 11,000 sqm.
The recent expansion took place at Quiza'a existing ripening and distribution center, located in the Baltic Seaport city of Gdynia, which includes 2 new energy efficient warehouses, with state of the art banana ripening rooms. The brand new facility will give the company the ability to deliver 162.500 boxes of mature bananas per week (3385 pallets and an estimated 2920 tons), to Central European markets. The company's own fleet of refrigerated transport has also been fully modernized to meet the restrictive EURO6 emission standard, decreasing the average truck age to less than 1 year.
"We made sure to choose the very best partners in providing state of the art technology, which will guarantee us many years of safe and stable operation. This eco friendly investment uses the most innovative hi tech automation, providing energy saving solutions which combined with economy of scale turnover, allows us to reach the highest levels of efficiency in modern logistics," said Bartosz Szatkowski from Quiza.
The company's long term development plan includes consistent and stable growth, following the market trends and rising demand from strategic customers. To support the expansion, Quiza has also doubled their number of employees over the last 12 months.
Mr. Szatkowski explained that the company's key to marketing success is based on very stable and high quality produce sourcing, combined with innovative banana ripening technology and highly qualified staff. We guarantee our customers and business partners a constant and regular supply, under best possible market conditions.
"We expect 2018 to be a promising year and hope for better banana market prices worldwide. Increased demand from all markets will bring optimism to many operators who barely survived 2017, which was one of the worst years we had seen in a decade. I believe that consistency, strategic planning, and hard work, supported by 28 years of experience and professionalism, will allow us to look forward to a brighter future."
For more information:
Tel: +48 58 629 66 00
Fax: +48 58 629 68 30
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: