- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Export Manager
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Polish fruit market report
According to Irena Strojewska, only the prices of imported oranges decreased (by 13%). Due to the lowest supply of raw material since 2007, processing plants paid 0.99 PLN*/kg for apples for pressing (over 200% more than in November of the previous year). The increase in purchase prices of industrial apples, stimulated by competition between processing plants, contributed to the increase in the prices of apple juice concentrate exported from Poland. In November 2017, in comparison with October this year, average apple prices offered by exporting companies dropped by 4%. On wholesale markets, they increased by 1%, and in processing plants, the purchase price of apples increased by 3%.
"Wholesale prices increased for grapes (by 48%), bananas (by 5%), pears (by 3%) and plums and lemons (2% each). On the other hand, mandarins (by 19%) and oranges (by 6%) became cheaper. The average retail prices of fruit and their processed products in October 2017, in relation to October 2016, increased by 14.4%. Apple prices increased the most (by 55.8%), followed by stone fruit (by 35.1%) and berry fruits (by 18.6%)," added Irena Strojewska.
As a result of a reduced supply of raw materials, the production of fruit and fruit-vegetable juices decreased by 8% in the months of January-September 2017 compared to the same period of 2016. Average sales prices of orange juices in October 2017, as compared to October 2016, increased by 9% as a result of the increase in import prices of raw material, and apple juices became 2% more expensive. Prices of jams produced from blackcurrants fell by 5%, and those made from strawberries recorded a 16% drop.
The volume of fresh fruit exports decreased due to lower sales of most fruits, mainly apples (by 49%), and in the case of processed products, there were reductions in the export of frozen foods (by 12%) and concentrated apple juice (by 41%). The value of fresh fruit exports decreased by 13% (to EUR 36.1 million), while higher prices of frozen foods and jams limited the decline in the value of fruit product exports, which dropped by 8%, down to EUR 103.0 million.
The import of fresh fruit grew by 23%, reaching 135.6 thousand tonnes, with greater purchases of fruit from other climate zones, mainly bananas, which recorded a 63% rise. Imports of processed products increased by 19% to 40.1 thousand tonnes, and the import of concentrated juices (by 3%) and frozen foods (by 80%) also increased.
In the period from January to September 2017, the negative balance in the trade of fruit and their products amounted to EUR 168.9 million, compared to a positive balance of EUR 8.2 million in the same period of the previous year. The value of exports decreased by 2% to EUR 1,370.1 million, while imports recorded an 11% increase and were worth EUR 1,539.0 million.
*1 PLN= 0.24 Euro/0.29 US$
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/15/2018 AC Foods chooses blueberry vision from Unitec for quality sorting of blueberries
- 10/15/2018 Australian summerfruit growers exporting to China receive extra funding
- 10/12/2018 Free fruit initiative Pick n Pay is a roaring success
- 10/12/2018 Growing focus on red grapes in Namibia
- 10/12/2018 AU: Projects underway in Northern NSW to increase berry growing efficiency
- 10/11/2018 The only organic stonefruit this time of the year comes from South Africa
- 10/11/2018 Argentinian blueberries just beginning imports
- 10/05/2018 Developments in apple production and trade in Turkey
- 10/05/2018 Moldovan apple production again expected to increase
- 10/05/2018 Sharp increase of Turkish apple exports to Russia and Belarus
- 10/05/2018 California grapes included in test kitchen seminar
- 10/05/2018 New Zealand avocado industry on track to bounce back from last year's low volume season
- 10/04/2018 Tomato production and increasing prices in Turkish market
- 10/04/2018 New pomegranate processing plant inaugurated in Southern Italy
- 10/04/2018 “There has only been a very short period where demand and supply was in balance"
- 10/04/2018 France: fruit and vegetable prices above the five year average
- 10/03/2018 Cosmic Crisp consumer launch campaign underway
- 10/03/2018 Turkey: New dam in Alasehir will benefit grape growers
- 10/03/2018 Croatia: Social Media and home delivery of Neretva tangerines
- 10/02/2018 Australia : BiteRiot! preparing to send cherries directly to the Chinese market