Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Agriculture minister wants irrigation for self-sufficiency in Indian stateThe Sikkim Minister for Agriculture Cash Crops Development and Irrigation, Somnath Poudyal, recently chaired an irrigation related meeting, focused on irrigation challenges during the Rabi season. The meeting was also attended by officials from the Water Security Department.
Mr Poudyal emphasised that ensuring sufficient water for growing vegetables was vital. He suggested the implementation of coordinated irrigation schemes instead of isolated efforts.
Khorlo Bhutia, Secretary for Agriculture and Horticulture stressed the need for coordinated efforts for improving irrigation facilities in the dry winter season, webindia123.com learned. He said this was simply a must if the goal is still making Sikkim self-sufficient regarding vegetable production by March 2018.
Publication date: 1/3/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: