Job offersmore »
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Agriculture minister wants irrigation for self-sufficiency in Indian stateThe Sikkim Minister for Agriculture Cash Crops Development and Irrigation, Somnath Poudyal, recently chaired an irrigation related meeting, focused on irrigation challenges during the Rabi season. The meeting was also attended by officials from the Water Security Department.
Mr Poudyal emphasised that ensuring sufficient water for growing vegetables was vital. He suggested the implementation of coordinated irrigation schemes instead of isolated efforts.
Khorlo Bhutia, Secretary for Agriculture and Horticulture stressed the need for coordinated efforts for improving irrigation facilities in the dry winter season, webindia123.com learned. He said this was simply a must if the goal is still making Sikkim self-sufficient regarding vegetable production by March 2018.
Publication date: 1/3/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: