Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Colombia can continue exporting avocados to the USA
According to the regulation of the US Animal Plant Health Inspection Service (Aphis), Colombia can continue exporting Hass avocados to the US, as was established by the work plan created by the US and Colombian health authorities, the Aphis and ICA (respectively).
However, Colombia must work on the surveillance and eradication program for Hass avocado quarantine pests in 21 municipalities located in 7 departments of the country.
So far, Colombia has made two shipments of Hass avocado to the US. The country shipped a total of 29 tons that were produced in two farms in Pacora, Caldas, and entered the US through California and Florida.
The shipments were inspected by the health authorities of the United States, which verified their sanitary conditions and nationalized them.
According to a technical document of the ICA, "Hass avocado exports can be made from municipalities or production areas that are free of quarantine pests. If the municipalities aren't free of quarantine pests, the production areas - which must be free of pests- must also have a buffer or protection area of 1 km radius around the perimeter of the area cultivated."
Colombia expects to produce Hass avocado in 3,000 hectares in 73 production centers.
Publication date: 1/3/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: