Job offersmore »
- Senior Banana Ripener - Swords, North County Dublin
- Senior Manager, Technical Advisory and Category Management - Vantaa Finland
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
Top 5 - yesterday
- "New melon programmes from Honduras are a nice addition"
- World Vegetable Map 2018: More than just a local affair
- Drones and laser labels for sustainable banana production
- An Australian first, blood oranges processed for Sicilian customers
- Mexico: Avocados from Jalisco will enter the US, regardless of what happens to the NAFTA
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Rwanda bans imports from South Africa over Listeriosis scareRwanda has banned the import of vegetables and fruits from South Africa over the listeriosis disease. The ban, aimed to prevent the spread of the disease to Rwanda, became effective on December 19, according to a statement from Rwanda's Ministry of Agriculture.
Xinhuanet learned that the death toll from a listeriosis outbreak in South Africa has risen to 41. Listeriosis is a serious, but treatable and preventable disease caused by the bacterium Listeria Monocytogenes, which is widely distributed in nature and can be found in soil, water and vegetation.
Symptoms from the food-borne disease include diarrhoea, fever, general body pains, vomiting and weakness. More at risk of developing the disease are new-borns, the elderly, pregnant women and persons with a compromised immunity.
Publication date: 12/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: