Job offersmore »
- Senior Manager, Technical Advisory and Category Management - Vantaa Finland
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Spain: Sentinel II optical sorting machine debuts on television
- Spain: Organic food consumption continues to grow
- Foreign trade characterized by banking measures and import regulation
- It’s Fresh! secures $10 million investment from AgroFresh
- Firms announce deeper collaboration on M&A's in produce sector
Exchange ratesmore »
Ukraine: Rise in the price of bananasBanana prices in Ukraine have become between 7 and 8% more expensive in a week, according to APK-Inform: Vegetables and Fruits.
According to the daily monitoring of the project, today the product's wholesale price stands at 27-29 UAH/kg (0.83-0.89 Euro/kg), depending on the quality and conditions of the transaction. A week ago, bananas were sold for 25 UAH/kg (0.76 Euro/kg).
It is worth noting that at the moment, bananas on the Ukrainian market are on average 40% more expensive than in mid-December 2016. At the same time, traders admit that such price movements have already had a negative impact on sales.
Publication date: 12/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: