Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Higher demand pushes up Ukrainian carrot pricesThe higher demand is allowing Ukrainian producers to raise carrot prices, as a result of which these products already cost on average twice as much as in the same period last year. This was revealed by the daily monitoring data of "APK-Inform: Vegetables and Fruits".
At the moment, shipments in this segment are carried out at 3-4.5 UAH/kg (0.09-0.14 Euro/kg), reaching up to 5-5.5 UAH/kg (0.15-0.17 Euro/kg) in some cases. Thus, the price of this root vegetable in the Ukrainian market has increased by 20-22% in a week.
According to market players, the increase in prices for carrots is due to the intensification of trade, as wholesale companies and retail chains have started to stock up ahead of the New Year holidays.
Publication date: 12/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: