Job offersmore »
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Higher demand pushes up Ukrainian carrot pricesThe higher demand is allowing Ukrainian producers to raise carrot prices, as a result of which these products already cost on average twice as much as in the same period last year. This was revealed by the daily monitoring data of "APK-Inform: Vegetables and Fruits".
At the moment, shipments in this segment are carried out at 3-4.5 UAH/kg (0.09-0.14 Euro/kg), reaching up to 5-5.5 UAH/kg (0.15-0.17 Euro/kg) in some cases. Thus, the price of this root vegetable in the Ukrainian market has increased by 20-22% in a week.
According to market players, the increase in prices for carrots is due to the intensification of trade, as wholesale companies and retail chains have started to stock up ahead of the New Year holidays.
Publication date: 12/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: