Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Shunfeng invests 2.300 million yuan [347,6 million USD]
China: Asia's first freight transport airport settles in Hubei
On December 13th, the provincial government of Hubei signed an agreement with Shunfeng holding company, titled "The cooperation agreement with regard to key points of international product circulation in Hubei." Together they will establish a company for the planning, construction, and operation of Asia's first airport devoted to freight transport - The Ezhou Airport.
China's express delivery service industry has rapidly grown in recent years. In 2016 the income generated exceeded 350,000 million yuan [528.99 million USD]. A mediator for the Shunfeng company stated that Ezhou airport, once the construction is completed, will create an air freight network that covers the country and radiates outwards across the globe. It will amply satisfy the many demands that large scale companies involved in product circulation have on airlines and scheduled flights. This airport will become a gateway that is open to the general public and connects them with a global market.
According to plans and based on estimates in the industry, Ezhou Airport will have a handling capacity in 2025 of 2.452 thousand tons and 1 million man-hours. In 2045 it will increase handling capacity to 7,652 thousand tons and 15 million man-hours. It will be the fourth largest freight transport airport in the world, and the largest in Asia.
Source: Xinhua News
Publication date: 12/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: