Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
"Competitiveness of Chinese garlic still improving"
"The Jinxiang garlic production area has decreased somewhat from last year. If there is no extreme weather, the production per hectare will increase. This year, the average garlic price has dropped somewhat. It is estimated that, until the Chinese New Year in February next year, the price will gradually increase. Later, it might start to drop again," according to Mr. James Duan, CEO of Jining Brother International Trading Co., Ltd.
An employee is weighing garlic
Various premium packaging of garlic
Plump Jinxiang garlic cloves
"We are located in the Chinese home of garlic: Jinxiang County in Jining. The garlic comes from our own GAP garlic fields, other factories and markets. Annually, around 15,000 tons of garlic are traded here. We sell our garlic under the brand 'Brother Kingdom'. Through the port of Qingdao, we export 50% of our garlic to the South East Asian market, 20% to the European market, and 30% to the Middle East and Africa."
Garlic sold under the Brother Kingdom brand
"This season, our garlic export was similar to last year's. In the past few years, the garlic production areas in Europe, North Africa, South Asia and South America have grown. Because of the good product quality and clear price advantages, however, this will not threaten the competitiveness of Chinese garlic on the foreign markets, as there are no extreme prices or blind expansions of production areas. That is why our export prospects are very optimistic."
James DuanJining Brother International Trading Co., Ltd.
Phone: +86 537 3152 788
+86 139 0537 7861
Publication date: 12/15/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: