Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- Eden Agri Citrus: black farmers assume majority share-holding in packhouse
- Canadian growers shake their heads at talk of boycotting US goods
- First ever red sweet onions out of Walla Walla
- New Zealand: Exclusive avocado access to Australia under threat
- German specialist extending shelf life without preservatives
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"Competitiveness of Chinese garlic still improving"
"The Jinxiang garlic production area has decreased somewhat from last year. If there is no extreme weather, the production per hectare will increase. This year, the average garlic price has dropped somewhat. It is estimated that, until the Chinese New Year in February next year, the price will gradually increase. Later, it might start to drop again," according to Mr. James Duan, CEO of Jining Brother International Trading Co., Ltd.
An employee is weighing garlic
Various premium packaging of garlic
Plump Jinxiang garlic cloves
"We are located in the Chinese home of garlic: Jinxiang County in Jining. The garlic comes from our own GAP garlic fields, other factories and markets. Annually, around 15,000 tons of garlic are traded here. We sell our garlic under the brand 'Brother Kingdom'. Through the port of Qingdao, we export 50% of our garlic to the South East Asian market, 20% to the European market, and 30% to the Middle East and Africa."
Garlic sold under the Brother Kingdom brand
"This season, our garlic export was similar to last year's. In the past few years, the garlic production areas in Europe, North Africa, South Asia and South America have grown. Because of the good product quality and clear price advantages, however, this will not threaten the competitiveness of Chinese garlic on the foreign markets, as there are no extreme prices or blind expansions of production areas. That is why our export prospects are very optimistic."
James DuanJining Brother International Trading Co., Ltd.
Phone: +86 537 3152 788
+86 139 0537 7861
Publication date: 12/15/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: