Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- One a Day Banana Pack an option for European retail?
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Brothers Produce turns up the heat on cold storage expansion
Brothers Produce has announced a major expansion to the Houston Cold Storage division. The expansion takes the total dedicated storage space to 65,000 square feet of cold storage.
"The cold storage division has been one of our largest areas of growth over the last 24 months and we expect this trend to continue for years to come. When our cold storage division started in 2015 we were mostly storing produce related items, however today we have seen a large increase in the storage of flowers, wines, water, various food related items, and dry goods," told Brent Erenwert, Chief Innovation Officer.
"Many of our storage customers also rely on our distribution network and fleet of over 110 trucks to also transport their products. It has become a turn key storage and distribution solution for many companies."
“We feel we have positioned ourselves in a very unique way within this market segment. Under this new expansion we have also created a new segment of the storage division that will be dedicated to the restaurant storage and distribution business. We are very excited about this new segment and already had several restaurants who have committed storage needs with us before we even took the service live," Erenwert noted.
"This service will allow small, medium and large chains to control costs, inventory, and distribution of various items within their concept."
Currently, many of the broad line distributors control most of the distribution for restaurants and while this will not replace that model, it will allow for there to be other options for these items.
“Today we live in a world that has become all about service in nearly every business you are in. It does not matter if it is produce, dry goods, grocery, or any other aspect, and the cold storage business is no different, people want service.”
For more information:
Tel: +1 281 830 6323
Publication date: 12/15/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: