Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Fourth meeting to agree on strategic plan for sweet fruitThis week, the Spanish Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries, Food and Environment convened the fourth meeting of the Sweet Fruit Working Group, in which progress was made in the preparation of the Strategic Plan for stone fruit and pome fruit. It was attended by representatives of the agricultural organizations, Cooperatives and FEPEX.
The meeting focused on short-term or immediate-adoption measures, mainly those related to financing (through a specific line of guarantees from the State Corporation for Agricultural Insurance) and taxation.
In the meetings held so far, FEPEX has highlighted the difficulty of adopting common and transversal measures for the entire sweet fruit sector, given the diversity of species and varieties, production regions, marketing periods and existing organizational models. As regards foreign trade, there is also an unequal performance of exports depending on the species. While for some, like peaches and nectarines, Europe is practically the only market, with minimal sales volumes in other destinations, exports outside Europe represent 33% and 46% of the total, respectively, in the case of plums and pome fruit.
Publication date: 12/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: