Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: The New Year brings a brief moment of opportunity for fruit
Although there is less fruit in winter than in summer, there are still plentiful supplies. According to reports, this year the Chinese market for fruit shows overall stability. Some products increase in price, others decrease. Qing Cai, an analyst from the Beijing Shuitun agricultural and non-staple products wholesale market, stated that at present the market prices for fruit are in a stable condition. Apples, pears, and tangerines in particular have already entered the market in large quantities. The price of seasonal fruits is weaker, and this lowers the overall market quotations.
In addition, this year the price of apples everywhere is slightly lower than in previous years. Many apple farmers take their good apples and put them into storage. The bad apples are not valuable enough to put in storage, so the farmers dump them on the market. For that reason, the prices of apples on the market is a bit low. Jia He, an analyst from Zhuochuang Information, stated that the banana producing areas have empty shelves. This creates a reduced supply volume, which causes the price of bananas to increase. He further states that prices will continue to increase and may reach a small peak before the New Year.
Source: Xian Dai Fruit Industry
Publication date: 12/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: