Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: First batch of Chilean cherries arrive by sea and sell out in a weekThis weekend, the first batch of Chilean cherries arrived at the Guangzhou Jiangnan market. Starting this season, Chilean cherries can be officially transported by sea.
The first shipment consisted of three containers. Two of them went to the Guangzhou Jiangnan market. Another one was sent to the Shanghai Huizhan market.
This time it was a famous Chilean brand called San Francisco. The cherries belongs to the Santina variety. They are not big and their color might be a little bit pale, but overall they are fleshy, so the customers like them a lot. At this moment, the cherries from all the three containers have already sold out. A 5KG box of XLD cherries costs about 400 yuan, while a 5KG box of JD cherries costs around 450 yuan.
According to the importers, even though the cherries transported by boat have already arrived, those transported by plane are still a week away. From the market perspective, the price of the same JD cherries will be different depending on how they've been transported. The cost of air transportation is higher than the price of the sea transportation. As for the different kinds of cherries, depending on the mode of transportation, their price can change by up to 460-500 yuan.
Author: Yang Shuang
Publication date: 12/13/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: