Job offersmore »
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ukraine: Fruit and berry sector has great potential for developmentIn the coming season, the fruit and berries sector has the best prospects for development in Ukraine. This opinion was voiced by Alexander Khorev, the head of "Fruit-Inform: Vegetables and Fruits", during his speech at the fourteenth international conference "Fruits and Vegetables of Ukraine 2017. Uniting for Success".
"Despite the production problems in 2017, many fruit and berry producers were satisfied with the season's results. Firstly, given the limited supply of berries, the prices for the products in the first half of the season were quite high. Moreover, the decline in production wasn't only recorded in Ukraine, and given the significant difference in prices, our producers have managed to significantly increase their exports. As a result, the berry sector has again become interesting for domestic producers," said Khorev. "Prospects are also good in the apple sector. This year, producers have started to promote their products more thoroughly overseas, allowing them to expand to new destinations "
The expert also stressed that Ukrainian apple producers are increasingly thinking about applying for the granting of proper certifications. In 2017, already 8 farms have successfully met the Global G.AP certification standards.
Publication date: 12/7/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: