Job offersmore »
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Spain is the number one exporter of fresh fruit and vegetables globally
- AU: Strong cherry production helps drive Tasmania's agri-food growth
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
OCEASOFT releases Bluetooth-enabled temperature data loggers for cold chain management
OCEASOFT has launched the second generation of its Atlas and Emerald Bluetooth-enabled data loggers, designed to simplify everyday tasks for professionals in the shipping and logistics sectors.
The new generation products are accompanied by a new version of OCEASOFT’s mobile sensor management application, OCEAView, optimized to meet changing market needs. The mobile app is available for iOS and Android in English, French, and Spanish.
The new smartphone and tablet application geo-tags the new Atlas and Emerald data loggers in real-time, and sends collected data automatically to OCEASOFT’s secure Cloud platform. With this application, delivery truck drivers can now prove their proper handling of the cold chain directly for clients at the time of delivery. The application also includes a feature to monitor data loggers placed with transported products and in a vehicle’s refrigerated compartments using a smartphone’s Bluetooth wireless connectivity.
Quality managers, and other authorized personnel, can use a web application to access the information collected in the field by the OCEAView mobile application. Enabling fast response, the Cloud system sends notification of alerts when problems are detected. Data stored on the Cloud can be accessed 24/7, with the possibility to use a connector interface to integrate sensor readings with the client’s information system.
Oceasoft says that Bluetooth connectivity gives Atlas and Emerald modules a real advantage over their traditional USB-based data loggers, including:
- Reading data through product packaging, thus reducing the risk of human error or false alarms caused by opening to retrieve the data logger.
- Simple operation with an ordinary smartphone, now prevalent in society, without having to use a full-sized computer to read data.
- Ongoing information provided to drivers thanks to wireless communication.
- Automatic retrieval of data at the destination, or upon return, using the OCEABridge data collector/Cloud gateway.
- Fast and easy data logger programming.
Publication date: 12/7/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: