Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Chile inaugurates its most modern cherry production line
COPEFRUT has inaugurated one of the most modern production lines for cherries in the country, which is also one of the most innovative in the world. They hope to achieve more competitive returns for producers and a higher fruit quality.
"Today we are starting something that has no limits," stated the General Manager of Copefrut, Andres Fuenzalida.
"Our commitment to our producers and our country has brought us to this moment: the inauguration of one of the most modern cherry production plants in the world, and the signing of an agreement with the University of Chile. Today we begin a stage in which we will increase the returns of farmers and in which we will continue to work so that our country achieves its goals," he added.
The company signed a Collaboration Agreement with the Faculty of Agricultural Sciences of the University of Chile to support farmers so that they can improve their production processes and increase their production. The agreement will benefit 350 farmers by providing them with solutions to their production problems through studies that will be carried out in different communes.
The new Line
Chile is the leading exporter of cherries in the world, and COPEFRUT is the second largest exporter of cherries in the country with 10% of the total volume exported. "Cherries rank second in terms of income for the country, only surpassed by table grapes, with almost USD624 million in the last season."
The new cherry production line is an example of the innovations and state-of-the-art technology that the national fruit industry implements to ensure safe, innocuous, and competitive production processes that increase the quality of the cherries that Chile exports worldwide.
The new line consists of a machine that can produce up to 12 tons per hour, which means that Copefrut will process 25% of its fruit there.
Publication date: 12/7/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: