Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: "Less high quality ginger on the market""This year's ginger production has not changed much from last year. Even though the production area has increased somewhat, the heavy rain in 2017 has flooded some of the farmlands, which has influenced the production," said Jim from Qingdao Oriental Joxin Trading Co., Ltd.
Farmers are harvesting ginger
"The second half of every year is the peak season for ginger exports. The export price has dropped somewhat from last year, and there are only small quantities of high quality ginger on the market. There are fluctuations in the price, because the 2016 ginger production was rather large, leading to a surplus on the market. Speculators also created a hype, which led to a disturbance of the market. The ginger storage is now smaller than last year. Storage owners are currently quite cautious, as they are not optimistic about the 2018 prices."
Ginger processing facility
Packaged high quality ginger for export
"Our company was founded in 2002, and is located in Qingdao, where we own 50 hectares (500 mu) of fields. All of our ginger is exported under the brand 'Oriental Joxin' through the port of Qingdao to high end markets, like Europe and America."
JimQingdao Oriental Joxin Trading Co., Ltd.
Phone: +86 532 8387 6700
Publication date: 12/7/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: