- Hydroponic Crop Manager
- Area Manager North-America
- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Gaza: Citrus supply insufficient to meet the demand
Al-Wahidi told Al-Rehsala on Sunday that the citrus production volume this year will amount to 20,882 tonnes. The acreage devoted to citrus crops stands at 13,029 dunums, of which 7,801 dunums are productive and 5,228 are newly planted.
He pointed out that a relative improvement was recorded in the production of citrus fruits this year compared to previous years, although the sector was still hampered by several problems, the most important of which being the lack of development for the cultivation of new varieties.
Al-Wahidi also pointed out that the frequent power outages have caused a shortage in the supply of fresh water for irrigation, which has slowed down the growth of the production.
He pointed out that some citrus varieties will be imported to compensate for the current deficit in Gaza.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-19 "Mediocre quality of Mexican limes as a result of rain"
- 2018-11-19 “Spanish citrus getting more competition from Morocco”
- 2018-11-19 Italy: difficult start for the clementine campaign
- 2018-11-19 "Huge price gap between large and small-sized citrus fruits"
- 2018-11-19 "Availability of large citrus fruits currently low"
- 2018-11-19 Chongming Island: First harvest of high-quality Jinsha oranges
- 2018-11-19 California Citrus Network: Forum to facilitate communication and information exchange"
- 2018-11-19 Record Valencia crop gives southern African citrus exporters a full house of records
- 2018-11-16 Wilmington port welcomes first Moroccan citrus in US of the season
- 2018-11-16 China: Hainan "Qiongzhong green oranges" are ripe and entering the market
- 2018-11-16 Nepal: Orange harvest in eastern Hills up 50 percent
- 2018-11-15 "We are not one of those early starters"
- 2018-11-15 Orange imports increase as domestic juice supply remains squeezed
- 2018-11-15 “New citrus markets hard to find”
- 2018-11-15 Spain: "The delay of Huelva's mandarins causes production overlap"
- 2018-11-15 Spain: Citrus fruits allegedly being sold again at open prices
- 2018-11-15 Sharp increase of Georgian mandarin exports
- 2018-11-14 Spain: Processors start buying oranges at very low prices
- 2018-11-13 Crisis officially over but Greeks hardly notice it
- 2018-11-13 US: Florida orange production down 3 per cent from October forecast