Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Egypt eyes investment in efficient and sustainable agriculture
According to finchannel.com, Egypt’s agricultural sector is facing a number of challenges, such as the impacts of climate change, scarcity of water and land, high levels of urbanisation and increasing demand for healthy and nutritious food.
These issues were the focus of Promoting Sustainable Investment in Egypt’s Food Security – a high-level forum held in Cairo to discuss investment opportunities in Egypt’s agricultural sector.
Despite improvements in agricultural productivity, Egypt still faces major constraints on water and land use, which limit its domestic food production. The UN estimates that Egypt’s population will soar by 60 per cent to over 150 million by 2050.
Consequently, the consumption of staple food products, including grain and sugar, is set to increase from 2 to 16 per cent over the next decade. Egypt’s agriculture therefore has to become more sustainable and more efficient, specifically in terms of import supply chains and subsectors with high potential for exports.
Publication date: 12/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: